FIRST DOG ATTACK!!!! Im furious!!! no help needed just a vent!!!

sonew123

Poultry Snuggie
11 Years
Mar 16, 2009
onchiota NY
OK! so i live on 6 acres-the are kinda spread out in a weird way-either way-our coop that holds only 1 BO roo 2 BO hens and 1 RIR hen is smack dab in the middle-built off of the side of our garage! No one can see them from the road...you can hear my guy though...today was the FIRST nice day to be able to let the chickens out for more than a few minutes. We were working on our property all day-clearing brush-bonfires-getting the coop site prepared-etc..our chickens always head straight for our compost heap to dig for bugs-right next to their coop-we could see them at all times. so it's like 60 out full sun and I get thirsty-my DH is running the bobcat( noisy) my two girls on the trampoline. I come out from the house to see this &^%$#@! black lab chasing my roo-my roo was running for his life-I start screaming ym DH sees me and the commotion and starts driving the bobcat at the dog honking the horn-he wouldn't let up...I'm out for blood at this point-dang &&^%$ dog chased "sheila" ( dont ask-but Im sure you can imagine where the name came from when he was a she) right into his own coop fencing-slicing his comb-I see blood immediately-he is dazed-but manages to run like the wind-somewhere??? The owner finally shows up-lives accross the street-and gets the dog-he sees us screaming chasing his dog-he puts him in the house-and says ooohh you bad boy! thats it and he went to do his business with his girlfriend who happened to be driving all over looking for this dog! My DH knew not to stop me or he was gunna get it! I went right up to them and went off-The said they were sorry and they dont know how he escaped-I said well let me tell you I am a huge dog lover I have two-but they have NEVER gotten off of my property-and If I see your dog again on MY property-you wont!!! I said those 4 very chickens have cost me hundreds of dollars in the past 10 months-not to mention the 500$ coop that is being built-and the fact my girls will cry their heads off!!! I had the girl in tears-so what!! I said thats the millionth time I have seen your dog-he scratches under our coop-gets into our garbage an chases the kids-I have enough-chain him up pen him or something like I do...The last thiing I said was YOU BETTER PRAY THE GOOD LORD is IN ON OUR SIDE AND WE FIND THEM ALIVE OR ILL DRAG YOU to court with all the reciepts I have showing their costs to raise for the last 10 mnths-ok I need a cigarrette and a beer at this point. what do they do,,they go back to raking their rented house yard and ignored us while we searched for 2 hours for these birds-6 acres to search!!! one was under a blue tarp thoguht it was dead because it didnt move-to roo was all the way accross the property behind my husbands garage burried in a wood pile we had t dig him out-mind you this roo had been attacking all of us for a bit know0but he has been humbled-Ipicked him up and looked at hid bloody head and it was better that expected-walked very slowly and scoping out possible woulds a couple acres over to his pen -put him in with fresh water andhis favorite treats-petting him adn saying its already buddy mommas' got yor back--the other two hens were hiding on the very outskirts of the woods--God is god and has graced us with all our children back with anything but a roo head bonk! We were right there!!! God is good thats all I can say-we all said thank you...well I hope they take my warning-I may be smaller but let me tell you Im an ex rugby player-I play softball in a league-and I am no t a women to be messed with when it comes to my childred-DH-and pets I will hurt you-phewwww I feel soooo much better--thank you al this helped so much---I was almost tempted to let my 7 weekers out today for some sun-good thing I didnt! I dont blame the dognI blame the idiot neighbors-which is what I told them-now for the next and last neighbor that let her so dog roam--shes on my next hit list-can we file something some kind of restrianing order against the dog? I know I got lucku compared to all these horrific endings Ive been ready about on BYC-I have been even more cautious now hansk oto all of you wonderful people---I owe you gys and God for their survival....They have been in the coop for a few hours now-one even laid an egg after-ill be fines just wired upright now

Last edited:
Wow! I'm glad none of your chickens were killed and it's good that your neighbors know where you stand. I love dogs, too. On your property they're pets - on mine they're predators and will be treated as such.

All right dear, I don't have time to go into the details but I posted a note to another BYC member about landlords being held accountable for the dog of a tenant. If you know the land lords address drop them letter and if the dog is chasing your kids why haven't you called the sheriff?
Land lords can be sued in NY if they know the tenant has a dangerous dog.

If you can tie up the dog call the pound and have it taken away. Here they charge $100 or more to get the dog back. It's not fair to the dog to not be trained in civil manners.

Good garden of peas, look at the time of all these postings.
lol.png

Call your local sheriff's department and file a complaint. The next time this happens, you will have proof that you have already talked to/warned the owners of the dog once.

Also, call animal control. Where I live animal control will go talk to the owners of the dog and explain the laws to them.

Good luck, we all know the dog will be back.....

Some animals just do not deserve the idiot owners that they have.

The dog I thinkis a puppy 1yr oldish--never attacked my kids but chasing them on bikes and such-never biting or niping just chasing and thast enough to scrae them all this in the last week-Im going too wait to see if he is ever stepping foot on my proerty and when he does Im calling animal control do get him-while I PEN HIM UP MYSELF-without returning him first-our pund charges a 50$ fee and a court appearance which I will go to !!!

Lots of areas have laws regarding dogs chasing/harassing livestock. Keeps notes of dates and time. Check that out. ...or practice the 3S's

Back
Top Bottom