First egg, and a question about egglaying

bootsuu

In the Brooder
10 Years
May 12, 2009
Utah
Hi y'all!!

I'm kinda rushed today so don't have time to search for an answer to my question, so I'll ask. I got my first egg every on Thursday, and it's Saturday. When should I expect another one? Should I be worried? How soon until they start coming like clockwork?

It's a little bitty one, but here's a picture. My egg is the green one, sitting next to a store-bought Large size egg:

firstegg.jpg

Thanks for the help!

Boots

clap.gif
congrats on the first egg.....Every chicken is different, some 'follow the instructions in the manual', others don't. I would guess you should have another one soon but
hu.gif
Pretty egg, I found the first egg today too, about the same size!!!
smile.png

Congrats! What a pretty egg! No clue on when you'll get your next one, like fldiver97, I got my first one today too
smile.png

congrats on your first eggs! I was so excited to get mine that I totally forgot to post.

Yay!

From what I've read on here it seems to take a few weeks for them to get the mechanics down, and when they do, then something will likely disrupt all their new found knowledge like molt or something
tongue.png
Is that an olive colored egg? Hmm, we need a jealous smilee I think...
mad_103.gif
I don't even have any eggs from my 21 weekers yet, and you get an olive egg, grrr. Congratulations hun!!!
cheers1.gif

According to most info out there, it takes about three days to make two eggs.
When the girls start laying, you can expect erratic patterns till they hit full stride and get regular, as far as time, it varies from chicken to chicken.

Congrats on your first egg.

I just got my first one yesterday morning from one of my RIR's and my second one today from, I think a different one.

Congrats again.

Back
Top Bottom