First Egg Countdown

Pics
Quote:
Hahaha, I just shared Princess's name with my SO. We have a rooster named Lady.
smile.png
The SO always tells me that he's going to have a complex, but so far, he's a mighty fine rooster! He was supposed to be a pullet, so his punishment for being a roo is keeping the name.

yuckyuck.gif

I love the punishment...my very beautiful black and white EE turned out to be a roo. I think he looked masculine from the beginning, even when we thought he was a pullet we named it hawk. That was what the markings looked like. I was mad only because I only got 2 EEs and now I will only get one blue/green egg.
hit.gif
I can hardly wait for that pretty egg to show up.

You can always hatch out your own next yr since you have a hen and a roo. That is what I am going to do I hope.

This RC brown leghorn girl is 14 weeks old. I know it's early, but I'm starting the countdown. Could be 2 weeks, could be 4... could be longer...
wink.png

She looks redder in real life, the picture doesn't quite show it accurately.
eggssoon2.jpg

I love the punishment...my very beautiful black and white EE turned out to be a roo. I think he looked masculine from the beginning, even when we thought he was a pullet we named it hawk.

Oh dear! We have an easter egger we named Hawk-I'm still assuming she is a she, but I always refer to her as *he*...
hide.gif
hmm.png
hu.gif
.​

Hey I want to join in on the fun!

This is "Big Guy" (we thought she was a he for the longest time). She hatched first week of April so that puts her at 16 weeks this week. She will slink down when I pet her, but her wings don't go out. She's been doing that for a few weeks, though.

87318_100_1221.jpg

This is Nervous Nelly. Nelly has ALWAYS been extremely talkative (which is why we named her Nervous Nelly) even as a nonstop peeping chick. She hatched first week of April also. She has started to slink down a little when I pet her, which is better than a few weeks ago when she would just run from me if I tried to touch her back.

87318_100_1223.jpg

This is Angel. She is the only one of my EE's that survived the fox attack back in June
hit.gif
. That killed me. But She's about a month younger than the above two, so I assume she won't be laying until October? No sign of red in her basically non-existent comb, either.

87318_100_1225.jpg

Plus I have 5 leghorns that are only about 8 weeks, so they have quite a while until I'm telling them they need to get laying. But the above three ladies I'm waiting on. Get thee to the nesting box! I was wondering if I played some egg songs for the older girls, will that get them in the mood? Could it create something like an audio dormitory effect?
wink.png

I have one RSL ( Maple) that is 18 wks today and has been doing squats for a week now. Today I have found her and one of the 17 wk old RSL paying around in the nest boxes. Maple has also been so noisy when we are out there in and by the run. She has the most developed comb and wattle. I keep hoping to find an egg in the morning, very soon I think!

Back
Top Bottom