First Egg Countdown

My second ee bantam started laying today. The first ee has laid three eggs in four days. I'm quite impressed.

We've gotten 2 eggs, 4 days apart. I think it is just one hen. I'm getting anxious for the other 5 to get going. We had the two eggs for breakfast this morning, and they were delicious, but sort of small. We're going to be gone for a week, so maybe they will be laying when we get back. We have a neighbor looking after the animals and told him he could have any eggs that were laid.

We've gotten 2 eggs, 4 days apart. I think it is just one hen. I'm getting anxious for the other 5 to get going. We had the two eggs for breakfast this morning, and they were delicious, but sort of small. We're going to be gone for a week, so maybe they will be laying when we get back. We have a neighbor looking after the animals and told him he could have any eggs that were laid.
Congrats. Our chickens have been a bit of a joint venture with my parents. I do almost all of the care and would call them "My" chickens if I were actually pressed, but the land is my parents technically, and my husband did a lot of the labor getting everything built. So, I decided we should wait to eat that first egg until there were at least 4 so we could each have one. I thought I would have to wait longer, but Sugar laid Sunday, Tuesday, and Wednesday and Cinnamon started laying on Wednesday, so we got our 4 in 4 days. Being bantams, they really are small!

@LadyCluck77 Oh that blueish egg is so gorgeous.

@BriardChickens I have never seen that kind of chicken- she's so beautiful!!

My darn hen still hasn't laid any eggs yet. Her comb has gotten bigger, as well as her wattles, and her face is a bright red color all the time. Today she literally hopped onto my arm and sidestepped up to my shoulder. Than she lay down, clucking to herself and rearranging my shirt. She hasn't done that kind of thing since she was the size of my hand!! It was too funny. And scary- I've been pecked in the eye before and it is not a fun time. Plus, I noticed the shavings in my nest box were moved to one side. Hopefully she will lay soon! I haven't heard the egg song though. Its like a Christmas morning feeling except there isn't any presents for multiple days.
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom