First Egg Countdown

I got my first egg from my EE, Marshmallow, on Friday. Now all 3 of my EEs are laying and I'm just waiting for my BA mixes to start up (they are a month younger).
wee.gif

I got my first egg from my EE, Marshmallow, on Friday. Now all 3 of my EEs are laying and I'm just waiting for my BA mixes to start up (they are a month younger).
wee.gif

Congrats! Pretty egg!

I have no idea which of my ten hens gave them to me! I have a variety of breeds all within a couple of weeks apart!
Congrats!

I got my first egg from my EE, Marshmallow, on Friday. Now all 3 of my EEs are laying and I'm just waiting for my BA mixes to start up (they are a month younger). :weee
Congrats!!!! So pretty! I want some blue or green too lol!
I have no idea which of my ten hens gave them to me! I have a variety of breeds all within a couple of weeks apart!
Congrats!
My Buff Orpington Blondie just laid her first egg this morning! I was such an amazing thing to see her singing the egg song, going in and out of the boxes, and squatting. I feel like such a proud momma. She's 18 or 19 weeks and the first of our four to lay. I expected the Black Australorp to lay first because she too is squatting but her comb and wattle are much bigger and darker than Blondie's. Blondie's are decent, but still very pink. Here it is! Perfect, tiny, and so adorable! Decently hard shell. It felt weird eating a pet's egg (I definitely have made them pets), but it was very tasty and flavorful! And here's the proud girl:
Congrats!

Pretty sure the barred rock is laying now too!!!! :) I am getting 3 red star eggs now, usually weighing 61-63g and all similar shades of darker reddish brown and then I got this 51g egg that is lighter and more beige :) now if I can only get them to lay in nest boxes! :)

What a beautiful blue egg. I still have a few pullets between the ages of 6.5 and almost eight months who haven't laid yet (chantecler, marans, and welsumer, while all the others the same age are laying. I have one little EE who started laying at 5.5 months and has skipped only one day--yesterday, and today she said before 8 a.m;. She lays what I call a steel bluish green egg.
Meanwhile I'm waiting and waiting to see what the others will lay.

Pretty sure the barred rock is laying now too!!!!
smile.png
I am getting 3 red star eggs now, usually weighing 61-63g and all similar shades of darker reddish brown and then I got this 51g egg that is lighter and more beige
smile.png
now if I can only get them to lay in nest boxes!
smile.png
Congrats!

They will find their way to the nest boxes. Only 1 has to figure it out, then the rest will follow. Do you have fake eggs in the nests?

Pretty sure the barred rock is laying now too!!!!
smile.png
I am getting 3 red star eggs now, usually weighing 61-63g and all similar shades of darker reddish brown and then I got this 51g egg that is lighter and more beige
smile.png
now if I can only get them to lay in nest boxes!
smile.png

Congrats!

They will find their way to the nest boxes. Only 1 has to figure it out, then the rest will follow. Do you have fake eggs in the nests?

I had the same problem with my first laying pullet laying eggs on the floor. As soon as I put a golf ball in the nest box, the eggs started appearing in the boxes!

Congrats!

Yes. :)
I had the same problem with my first laying pullet laying eggs on the floor. As soon as I put a golf ball in the nest box, the eggs started appearing in the boxes!
I swear my chickens are stupid lol! I had a golf ball in there forever-I am using more real looking ceramic eggs and hoping that works!

Back
Top Bottom