First Egg Countdown

I call those pullet bullets. Congrats!
gig.gif
lau.gif
Hysterical. I just told my husband this and he's rolling too. Course, I just told him what Henopause means and he thought that was hysterical too.

Yes!! My RIRs finally started laying! Woot, woot!! Well two of them anyways....lol. They 22 wks old which I know is right on time but I raised them from babies and the last 5 months has seemed like a lifetime! Lol

Last edited:
Yes!! My RIRs finally started laying! Woot, woot!! Well two of them anyways....lol. They 22 wks old which I know is right on time but I raised them from babies and the last 5 months has seemed like a lifetime! Lol
yippiechickie.gif
Hooray for eggs!

My EEs are 21.5 weeks and no eggs yet. The other night I actually dreamed that all 5 of my chickens laid their first egg on the same day...only there were 6 eggs so somebody laid twice!
gig.gif

My home-bred EE mutt gave me her first pretty teal egg today. Every first egg is exciting, even if it breaks....
I agree, so exciting. Heck my BA 3rd egg was laid while she was on the roost and it broke and therefore was eaten but it was still exciting. Congrats. It's a pretty color.

My 25 week old non egg laying freeloaders lol well 2 of them
lol I don't miss those free loading days. I'm ok with my girls taking a day or 2 off but I'm glad they are all laying regularly! My newest laying is already laying me medium sized eggs, meanwhile the other 2 are still laying smalls and my hen that's laid the longest is still laying peewee size but no matter, I am glad to get eggs and not have to buy them!

Back
Top Bottom