First Egg Countdown

Hey guys,

So I got my first egg yesterday! Does anyone know if it is okay to eat the first egg since they are still on medicated feed?? We were planning on switching to un-medicated but had some left in the bag and weren't going to throw it away. We've been fermenting it if that changes anything.

Hey guys,

So I got my first egg yesterday! Does anyone know if it is okay to eat the first egg since they are still on medicated feed?? We were planning on switching to un-medicated but had some left in the bag and weren't going to throw it away. We've been fermenting it if that changes anything.

It's fine to eat the egg.

Congrats to all of you getting eggs! I have had several pullets start up as well. It's nice to be in eggs again.

SFrati - they are getting closer, but I'd say you have a bit of a wait yet.

Congratulations!

I thought maybe I wouldn't be quite so excited to get first eggs from our newest flock, but it's just as fun and nerve-wracking to wait as it was when we first got chickens! Lol!

After 7 months and 1 week of waiting, we finally got 3 eggs at once today! These are our first family hens and the kids were excited. We have polish tophats (3 girls). I am just shocked they laid in the month of january, being in ny. It seems the girls knew I wasn't checking the coop everyday because we had an egg laid in the run outside
ep.gif
nice muddy egg. So went and open the egg door and found two beautiful clean eggs wedge between their grain. No cracks and weren't frozen, which meant all laid today
smile.png
super eggcited the whole family was

After 7 months and 1 week of waiting, we finally got 3 eggs at once today! These are our first family hens and the kids were excited. We have polish tophats (3 girls). I am just shocked they laid in the month of january, being in ny. It seems the girls knew I wasn't checking the coop everyday because we had an egg laid in the run outside
ep.gif
nice muddy egg. So went and open the egg door and found two beautiful clean eggs wedge between their grain. No cracks and weren't frozen, which meant all laid today
smile.png
super eggcited the whole family was

Congratulations! It's awesome, isn't it?
celebrate.gif

With all of the snow and crappy weather, I skipped going to the coop yesterday. Today when I checked it out my chickens rearranged the nesting boxes. I hope that means that there will be more than golf balls in the nest later this week. Fingers crossed!

With all of the snow and crappy weather, I skipped going to the coop yesterday. Today when I checked it out my chickens rearranged the nesting boxes. I hope that means that there will be more than golf balls in the nest later this week. Fingers crossed!
fl.gif

29 weeks and still waiting on all of them
Are you positive on their ages? They still look pretty young.

Back
Top Bottom