First Egg Countdown

Pics
Quote:
Congratulations! That is a great egg
smile.png

I would leave the golf balls in there--It is supposed to cut down on the chickens eating the eggs. If they peck a golf ball it hurts so they don't peck the real eggs. Apparently they can't tell the difference.

Ron

Thanks Ron!

My daughter went out a few hours after I found the first and there was ANOTHER in a different box!! It doesn't have the speckles so I must have 2 girls ready. This is so much fun!

I have 9 hens (not sure of breeds,pics on my page) that are 14 weeks. I have been checking every morning, but nothing yet. Will post a pic of the first!
smile.png

Last edited:
Out of my ten girls, Pinky started laying at seventeen weeks and Blanche laid her first egg today at nineteen weeks. They are my only leghorns. I hope the other eight are taking notes!
wee.gif

Quote:
Your chickens are beautiful.

I started looking for eggs at 15 weeks. I didn't get any eggs until 25 1/2 weeks. Got my exercise doing daily easter egg hunts, though!
Still waiting on pullet #2 to lay at 26 weeks and one day.

I guess different chickens work on different schedules.
smile.png

Happy hunting!

Good Morning Chicken Folks.... My chickens are now 18 weeks old.. Not sure what kind they are.. Husband bought them for me as a gift and got me all kinds... As soon as I can post pics hoping someone can tell me what kind they are... I have been 2 eggs everyday this week... They are so cute.. Little tiny brown eggs.... It is really neat when I go out to the coop and have little surprises...
yippiechickie.gif

wee.gif
wee.gif
wee.gif
WOOOOOOHoooooooooo! My Princess Primadonna Prissy Pants finally finally laid her first egg! And apparently she's picked mint green as her egg color! Yay to no brown eggs!!!

80950_itiegg.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom