First Egg Countdown

I guess I'll join in too.
big_smile.png

I have 18 week old girls that need to start laying soon. They are gold-laced wyandottes, araucanas, easter eggers, light brahmas, and black australorps.

Anxiously awaiting first eggs........
barnie.gif

Sally gave us our first ever blue egg yesterday!!!!!! The top one on the right, it's a beautiful turquois. And the pretty Blue/Wheaton Americana that layed it.

Welcome to the thread!

And wow mtnhens4, that is a gorgeous lady laying you some pretty eggs!

Thanks Pele, I really didn't expect her to start so soon, she was 25 wks the day she layed her first egg. I had expected to wait and wait, it's nice when they surprise you with eggs.
For all of you who are anxiously waiting for that first egg
wee.gif
, it is so worth the wait!!!!

Horray, today was our first day of trying out our lady bawking voices.... or rather honking since it's faverolles. They're hysterical.

I hatched some chicks just before Christmas. They are 18 weeks old now and the Marans is starting to be interested in the nest box. I think these were bread from hatchery stock, so they may lay earlier than normal for Marans And EE's Hopefully before 30 weeks.

The count down is on:

Maranda and Chipmunk

Bye,

Ron

Wow those are pretty birds! Yeah those ladies look like they're gearing up for egglaying, with those pink combs.

You know, I havn't even been keeping track of my girlies that I hatched in January. They are still nowhere near laying, and since they're from show stock I think I'll probably have to wait until they are 30 weeks or so. Here's a picture of those rascals at a recent meet-n-greet with my EE.

Back
Top Bottom