First Egg Hatching Attempt - Unsuccessful

ClucksnDucksMI

In the Brooder
6 Years
Nov 3, 2013
Michigan
My Coop
My Coop
On November 2 at 9:30pm I put my first batch of eggs into the incubator. I kept temperatures steady and humidity was fine. I removed the infertile ones.

It's now November 27th and not one pip yet. I seen the eggs moving yesterday, and I candled a couple today. I did see movement in a couple, and but none in some of the others.

My question is, when do I call it a complete unsuccessful try and discard the eggs? I'm so heartbroken :(

aww, dont be heartbroken. it sounds like there is some still alive. if your thermometer is off a little it will take a little longer to hatch. try upping the humidity some more and give it another day. like anything else, they come when their ready

figures, polish! slow at everything!lol if you definitely see movement no worries yet. but they might need help. possibly turned wrong? can you see if they have done an internal pip? have you ever done an assisted hatch?

I have not. And I'm not quite sure how to tell if they have done the internal pip. One air sac looks extremely huge in space, compared to the others. And it looked like I could see a beak through it. Not quite sure...

and that is what it would look like. before i go any farther i will tell you im no expert, not even close to it but i have hatched a few. would you like to proceed?

Back
Top Bottom