Apr 2, 2009
Jutland, New Jersey
I got my first egg a week ago today
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
big_smile.png
I just wanted to share little story....

The funny part is. This is my first time having chickens (8 RIRs and 8 BOs) since I was a little girl. The one developed waddles and a large comb about four weeks ago. The rest have very small combs and waddles so i figured it was a rooster. Well on the second day...i wondered why the rooster was in the box with the egg. The third day I wondered why the rooster was in with the egg. I went closer and tried to stick my hand in and the "rooster" wasn't gonna budge. Two hours later I checked again. And there was a egg. Guess she isn't a rooster : )
I have gotten an egg from her 6 out of 7 days so far
lol.png
big_smile.png
wink.png
big_smile.png
Im sooo happy to have an egg, i cant imagine was it will be like with 16 a day! Im so excited. (It will really cut down on eggs I have to buy for holiday cooking!) No one else is laying yet but Im sure they will come around soon. ( I do think its a bit weird that only one is laying, but based on her comb and waddle compared to the others she definitely matured much faster...and several others are not far being from the looks of it.)

Last edited:
Quote:
My rhode islands were the same way. Their combs and wattles grew much faster than my buff orps. in fact, my buffs are still small compared to the two rhodies. They'll come around, I'm in the same boat, i got 4 more girls to start laying. I believe i have three laying right now because I"m getting three eggs a couple days a week and i don't think my rhodies are laying more than once a day.

Back
Top Bottom