First Egg Stories?

I finally got my first egg 3 days ago. I was so excited I nearly tripped over my dog running to the house to go get my phone to take pictures. My 5 chickens will be 4 months old at the beginning of next month, so I am very happy one of them has already started to lay eggs. It is the tiniest cute egg I have ever seen.
IMG_20170723_184237.jpg
IMG_20170723_184237.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20170723_184237.jpg
    IMG_20170723_184237.jpg
    649.3 KB · Views: 8
I finally got my first egg 3 days ago. I was so excited I nearly tripped over my dog running to the house to go get my phone to take pictures. My 5 chickens will be 4 months old at the beginning of next month, so I am very happy one of them has already started to lay eggs. It is the tiniest cute egg I have ever seen.]

Congratulations! What kind of chickens do you have?

20170728_123300-1.jpg
IMG_20170728_064356.jpg
20170728_063655-1.jpg
First egg!!!!!

Silly bird. I was up at. 4:30. Was watching hens ,they roost by the window. Saw one kinda moving around. Awhile later I see the egg she dropped from the roost. It fell about 6 feet.

I had a large basket with deep fill a little below, but I made the mistake of placing something to blocking dropping from falling in. It looks like it hit and rolled then fell. I'm removing the partition between the two and will just have a little more to clean in the mornings.

Still doesn't take away from the excitement!

Elated! Blessed! My Danish Brown laid her first EGG today!

Just got my first egg today from my lovely Lucille. This is my first time raising chickens, and I couldn't be more excited! It's a tiny little fairy egg. View attachment 1092210

I still love your fairy egg a bit more for it's great color!

Last edited:
View attachment 1093242 View attachment 1093036 First egg!!!!!

Silly bird. I was up at. 4:30. Was watching hens ,they roost by the window. Saw one kinda moving around. Awhile later I see the egg she dropped from the roost. It fell about 6 feet.

I had a large basket with deep fill a little below, but I made the mistake of placing something to blocking dropping from falling in. It looks like it hit and rolled then fell. I'm removing the partition between the two and will just have a little more to clean in the mornings.

Still doesn't take away from the excitement!

Elated! Blessed! My Danish Brown laid her first EGG today!

I still love your fairy egg a bit more for it's great color!

Your egg is just as pretty! I'd love to add a couple of white egg layers to my small flock.

First egg this afternoon! One of my Marans/EE mixes laid a teensy 1oz egg. I went to check on my girls and found Mrs. Featherbottom in the nest box, so I camped out by the coop door for about 20 minutes before she stood up and popped out her egg. She'll be 20 weeks old tomorrow. Proud Mamma here!

Attachments

• unnamed-6.jpg
    unnamed-6.jpg
    52.1 KB · Views: 8
  • unnamed-7.jpg
    unnamed-7.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 9
  • unnamed-8.jpg
    unnamed-8.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
First egg this afternoon! One of my Marans/EE mixes laid a teensy 1oz egg. I went to check on my girls and found Mrs. Featherbottom in the nest box, so I camped out by the coop door for about 20 minutes before she stood up and popped out her egg. She'll be 20 weeks old tomorrow. Proud Mamma here!

Congratulations!!! My hen looked a little bit anxious when I went and picked up her egg.

How did yours react since she was in a nesting box?

Congratulations!!! My hen looked a little bit anxious when I went and picked up her egg.

How did yours react since she was in a nesting box?

When I grabbed the egg, she hopped down into the coop and sang her egg song LOUDLY! She was just as proud as I was. Or relieved to finally have laid the egg. :ya

Back
Top Bottom