First egg!!!

Very nice, with many more to come!
thumbsup.gif

Hens usually take 26-30 hours to 'make' and lay an egg. I've noticed that same scheduale with my hens. Egg in the morning, noon, afternoon, no egg, early morning, so on.... I've also noticed they all have their own places to lay, in the coop, a bucket, a dusting hole in front of the coop..... They lay their eggs when and where they want to.
I aslo have a hen that if I walk into the pen and she is in the coop getting ready to lay, she'll come out and 'complain' until I leave and go back inside. Silly Chickens...

black_fx_35,

I have already made my Excel spreadsheet for them. It works pretty well, I even added in space to track broodiness, hatch rates, survivability, and even roo/ pullet percentages. On the egg side, it keeps a running total for the year, month, weeks, and even by season. I don't know what to tell you about apps. My cell phone is for calling and texting. lol

Still have to decide if I want the hatching info on the same sheet, or separate.

Quote:
That sounds awesome!!! Kind of what I had in mind, but way more detailed....I would say I would trade you a dozen eggs for a copy of the spreadsheet, but 1. I don't yet have a dozen and 2. You don't need a dozen! LOL

Quote:
Very true. I am hoping that I will be able to increase that equation dramatically in the next few days though. Will keep you posted.

2 more are squatting so hopefully soon? We need enough for sunday brunch. I have 3 of my own and 32 from the store. I knew this would happen. I will give away the store eggs before I part with my own eggs. We will be doing quiche on Sunday, any ideas. There are 2 adults and 2 children. We could always give them to the dogs. I hate to waste anything. I could always make pizelles, uses 1doz per batch.

Back
Top Bottom