First "flipper" peachick of the year

I would agree, I personally would rather cull as a baby than a juvinelle or adult. only 1 time I helped a bird get out. It was a duck that was fine but couldnt get the shell off of its butt. I took it off because it was standing and healthy. At 1st it was weak but now it looks just like the other duck.

Quote:
this method has worked wonders for me with chicks and poults...

How long do you leave it in the glass?

It normally only takes a day for it to right itself, I've done it with a few chicks and a turkey.

It sounds like a great idea, that's why I love BYC! Everybody has their own way, which may be a way that someone else wouldn't have known unless they were on here. Thanks ChickenZoo. I had a flipper that hatched yesterday too, he seems very healthy - he's just having a hard time standing up - so I used band-aids to help his spradle legs (makes his legs stay under him in the proper position) He's also in a measuring cup with paper towels in the bottom for grip. Anything else I should do and do these pics look like I'm doing the right thing?

CIMG0055.jpg

CIMG0054.jpg

CIMG0053.jpg

It is a good idea, the zip tie thing, and the glass suggestion is working very well, my peachick has been in there for around 24 hours and he's standing on his own now! I thought he was easily a goner, with bad legs or something, but he appears very healthy with good energy - he's been getting Nutri Drench vitamins with his water too.

Back
Top Bottom