First hatch...11 chicks (Pics and videos)

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by jakmallex, Jun 21, 2008.

1. jakmallex

jakmallex Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2008
    NC
    My hen hatched (well with help on a few of them) 11 chicks this past week. Here are photos and video clips. One of them is living inside since it has been having a few eye issues that luckily seem to be resolved. I'm leaving it inside for another day or 2 just to make sure.

The hen left this one on 2 different occasions. The egg was cold when I got home from work, but the chick was still working on trying to get out. I helped it out of the shell with some tweezers.
    http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/mm20/jakmallex/?action=view&current=MVI_0246.flv

This is right after it came out...I STILL can't get the hang of that point and shoot camera!
    [​IMG]

And here it is dry.
    [​IMG]

Here are some of the others, they were running everywhere so I only got photos of some of them.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Here's another video clip:
    http://s292.photobucket.com/albums/mm20/jakmallex/?action=view&current=MVI_0265.flv

2. Toast n Jelly

Toast n Jelly Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 29, 2007
    St.Charles, QC
    What great pics! They are all so beautiful and so is Mom [​IMG]

3. kevin2010

kevin2010 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2008
    tucker wv
    wow great that makes me excited for mine to hatch (crossed fingers) the mommy looks a liitle like mine when i pick up her sister pretty angry lol she is really protective

4. hinkjc

hinkjc Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Jan 11, 2007
    PA
    Those are gorgeous photos. I love the last pic of the proud mom with her brood. Congrats!

Jody

5. xanaxnation

xanaxnation Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2008
    beautiful pics and chicks! awesome awesome!!

6. Southerngirl

Southerngirl Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2008
    Central Arkansas
    Thank you for sharing such beautiful pics of your babies !! The mother is sooooo pretty ![​IMG] Congrats.

7. jakmallex

jakmallex Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 19, 2008
    NC
    I'll take some more pics and video soon. I've been letting them out of the dog crate to run around their yard. The babies have been having all kinds of fun playing keep away with worms.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by