First Hatch Ever! - Set 2/4/2013

SarahJaneB - That's awesome! I candled some the other night and saw the same thing, but I was sad to see that it looks like some quit already.
hu.gif
sad.png

My hatch date is 2/25! I can't wait either!

Ok I candled all of mine tonight. Tossed six that were infertile. Kept one that looked like a blood ring in it but there was still movement in it so didn't want to throw it just in case. A couple looks like they may have quit but just in case I don't toss anything that shows development. Can't wait for my second hatch!! Definitely learned a lot from my first hatch so I feel more confident with this one.

That's awesome! I'm candling mine again tonight, I marked the ones with development last time so I'm going to check the ones that didn't and take out the eggs that quit. Some of them I can't see really well due to the brown eggshells.

How did it go? I hope well!
pop.gif
Went great!!! My camera's not working and my guy took off with the phone charger so I have to set up the bluetooth between my mac and iphone to get pictures on here for you. I thought only 18 hatched but apparently it was 19 because I traded 12 of my chicks with my neighbor who just hatched buff orpingtons so we traded 12 for 12 so now I have 12 buff orpington chicks and 7 of my australorp chicks
big_smile.png
and 13 five week old chicks still in the big wooden brooder in my room. I've been hesitating putting them outside since its so cold
sad.png
But they don't have a light anymore so soon I'll have to see how they do. I had to wash two pasty butts with the buffs yesterday but I can't even tell which two they were now so they're doing good. Would love to see more pics of yours
pop.gif

Back
Top Bottom