I ordered from McMurrays;
8 brown leghorn
4 white silkies
4 black tailed buff japanese
4 white crested black polish
2 americanas
and now 20 bbb locally lol
I see so they hatch at different times...ahhhhhhhh makes sense lol
do you have problems remembering names I do just trying to remember the name of which kid I'm talking to I even get the pets names in there! so I am not going to be naming my chicks...well never say never lol
with over 100 new chicks I'm guessing you don't name them lol

that's a nice assortment there. i like mm birds but i haven't ordered from them for a few years. last year i ordered from ideal.

i try to name them some i only have a few of so it's easy. some i don't but the ones that stick out or are my favs or look different i name. there are some especially the silkies just look to much alike so i don't name them can't tell who is who. most have perminant dep of ag bands on them at least the older ones so they have numbered bands to tell apart if i need too. i also am going to do colored leg bands so all boys have blue all girls have pink then other leg they will have different colors for differnt bloodlines. that way it's easier to tell for now i keep a journal with it so i know who is breeding with who.

i got some different colored orp and rir eggs off of another member on here to hatch so we will have layers again they where nice huge brown eggs. i got buff orps from a friend who has a farm nearbye to that are in also. i want to get some copper marons also once my taxes are back for real dark layers.

i'm not sure what color those lay what color are their ears? if they are white they should be a white egg layer if i remember right.

what are these 2-Min Pins, 1-Weimaranier,?
your house must be a blast, sounds like lots going on and happy parents make for happy children.....
well till they turn teenage LOL
I think teens should be duct taped to the kitchen table till they turn 25 LOL just kidding (kinda)
I like the leg band idea - organised and you must be so good at that!
I agree I will likely find some a little different than others and want to name them.....silkies will be unsexed grrr I will post pics for advise when the time comes....hope to have all the roos seperate till they book into the honeymoon suite.
Then that suite will become the nursery lol

those are my dogs. minature pischer(black and tan look like little dobermans) and a weimaranier(cinnamon gray looks like a thiner lab with big floppy ears,lol )she's a hunting dog. lol i agree it's always an interesting day here. usually i can tell when most are younger what they are but sometimes they keep ya guessing till a little older. no prob be glad to help ya. are these ur first chicks?

their ears? ummm would have to go onto McMs and look...do chickens see color?
May have to paint inside new coop
So are your monster bators lol in a barn? I can imagine a cot next to them rofl
Must be loud all those babies? I'm so excited to get mine the 10th March seems so far away! turkeys come on the 11th

I bought day old plain old white chickens back in the early 70's (omG lol) and had so much fun with them but that's a long time ago....and I always wanted the fancy ones...said if I ever got an acreage I would get some...got acreage 8 months ago so...here goes
should post pics of your dogs sometime never heard of those names before.....doberman pincher I have but not the other.
I have a yellow lab she's a year old now and a little taco dog can't spell chiwauwau? no that's wrong lol
thanks for future help I'll need it!

lol, nope they are in my liveingroom. i hatch and keep my babies here till they are old enough to go outside. i raise them at a friends house just outside of town cause i live in the burbs. i can have 12 hens here no roos so i just keep them there and we have breeder pens they are 4 in 1 coops/runs. we are building a barn and putting in electric this year for them all for his and ours.

as far as i know yes they see color. i'd love to raise turkeys i've only hatched them for others. that is kool i can't wait till we move to the country. here most people just have productions mine are considered exatics,lol. to me they are all pets i love them weather they are my show birds or just plain egg layers. hey did u see the new pics i put on my site for the new frizzled cochins?

a dobey i think is a cousin to a german pincher those are about med size mine are about 10 and 12" tall they look the same, tails docked and smaller. i'll have to look see if i have pics on my comp not sure if they are on this one or my one that crashed last year. mikes dad raises labs he has a yellow and 2 blacks. my min pins are about 2 times the size of a taco dog mabe,lol.

Back
Top Bottom