First Hatching 2023

AGDependentFarm

Chirping
Dec 9, 2022
Sylvan Springs, AL
My Coop
My Coop
New Hatching Video

So we decided to see if our fertilized eggs were working as we wanted and incubated 120. This is the first time we have incubated eggs we didn't purchase from Myshire Farms.
Out of 120 eggs we candled on lock down and found 118 had embryos. Saturday morning we started hearing them peep. the link above was a YouTube Short I did before bedtime Sunday Night. I cleaned the brooder yesterday and will preheat it today and start moving them in tonight.

It makes you feel accomplished when you grow and care for things yourself. Most of these will be grown for meat or to rotate out some hens that don't have the traits we are looking for.

New Hatching Video

So we decided to see if our fertilized eggs were working as we wanted and incubated 120. This is the first time we have incubated eggs we didn't purchase from Myshire Farms.
Out of 120 eggs we candled on lock down and found 118 had embryos. Saturday morning we started hearing them peep. the link above was a YouTube Short I did before bedtime Sunday Night. I cleaned the brooder yesterday and will preheat it today and start moving them in tonight.

It makes you feel accomplished when you grow and care for things yourself. Most of these will be grown for meat or to rotate out some hens that don't have the traits we are looking for.
Looking good :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom