First Hatching Experience. Serama and Japanese Bantam.

When are the eggs going to start hatching?

• Total voters
Pics
Wonder if I could get the 1602 stable enough just for lockdown. I bought eggs from two different places that are supposed to ship Monday, but one asked if they could ship today. Hmmm...
I know what you mean! I couldn't go ten feet without rushing back to check the temp. I was on pins and needles the whole time I was at work!

Wonder if I could get the 1602 stable enough just for lockdown. I bought eggs from two different places that are supposed to ship Monday, but one asked if they could ship today. Hmmm...
Why do you think this bator doesn't stay stable?
There has to be a way to "fix" it.

I'm sure there is, I just can't figure it out...:rolleyes: I had it in a temperature stable room with black-out curtains. It isn't forced air, does not have a built in thermometer. I calibrated the one that came with it, and a separate one. I would get it 101 degrees, check back late and it would be at 99 degrees, come back later and it would be at 102 degrees with no adjustments or lid opening. I've never tested it with actual eggs because I couldn't get it to hold a stable temp.
Why do you think this bator doesn't stay stable?
There has to be a way to "fix" it.

I'm sure there is, I just can't figure it out...:rolleyes: I had it in a temperature stable room with black-out curtains. It isn't forced air, does not have a built in thermometer. I calibrated the one that came with it, and a separate one. I would get it 101 degrees, check back late and it would be at 99 degrees, come back later and it would be at 102 degrees with no adjustments or lid opening. I've never tested it with actual eggs because I couldn't get it to hold a stable temp.
What does it look like?

Back
Top Bottom