First Jumbo Egg

Update on first jumbo egg. I cracked it open this morning into a plate, just in case it was an egg in an egg and it was a double yoke. DElicious it was. GC

Congratulations GC, I'm happy for you. My current birds are 12 weeks old and I'm already anxious for them to start laying. I've got a mixed bag of BA's, BR's, and red and black stars.
Waiting is the hardest when you get around 15 weeks, you're so anxious, your blood pressure goes up as you reach to open the access door to the nest box.
I have golden comets, which can lay as early as 15 weeks. My girls were slackers waiting till 17 1/2 weeks for the first two, and between 19 and 2 days shy of 20.
Your red and black stars could lay any time after 16 weeks, but most likely around 18. Your two other breeds any time after 20 weeks, most likely 22.
But your BA's and BR's may not lay till next year,if you live in the northern hemisphere.
It's getting late in the year, and we will be in the autumn season by the time you're BA's BR's are of laying age. Your red and black stars have a chance. Lots of windows in the coop. Turn on a 40 watt light in the coop at 4 am if you have electricity. GC

Back
Top Bottom