First "Koh-Turrrrrnix!"

sfw2

Global Menace
10 Years
Mar 20, 2009
N. Chesterfield, Virginia
I bought six Coturnix chicks (various colors) at a swap, about a month ago. They've been living in the brooder in my office, since then. DH has been working insane hours, so he hasn't been able to build permanent housing, yet.

I've figured out that one of my Goldens is a male, and the other is female. My "wild" appears to be a hen, too. The A&M and the two Tibetans - no clue.

I was checking CL and Freecycle for materials, last night, and got my first "Koh-Turrrrrnix!" Actually, it was more of a "Cough-Ter-Whattheheckwasthat????" Of course, I didn't see who did it.

I am smitten, though.

love.gif

My young males are startin to do it too.
I kinda like it, not too loud or annoying.
Kinda just blends into the background.

When you see em do it, they stand up straight and stratch their necks and kinda wiggle, pretty funny like a mini rooster.

I love that sound, especially in the evenings for some reason. I can hear mine from the front porch, it blends right in with all the wild bird sounds.

Quote:
How old are yuors chicken whisperer? I have some 6 week olders and Im yet to hear the Coturnix sound, they might be making it Ive just been out of the house a lot lately and maybe thats why I havent heard them yet.

Quote:
MMMM I wish you were right, but no Im 100% sure I have some males, probably more males than females, I know this cuz of their breast color. But hey today I dont work and I was outside and heard one of them make that sound!!!!

Back
Top Bottom