First loss :(

hcammack

Crowing
12 Years
Oct 5, 2007
Vermont
My campamine got atacked by my neighbors dog it was not there fault the birds got out and went into the other neighbors yard and the dog got out of his electric fence and by accident broke her neck. I am not taking retribution because neither the owner is at fault although there dog should be in there yard. I feel like it is my fault for not having a secure enough fence. Her neck was broken imdediatly. I was at school so I will go over to the neighbor who's yard it happened in and get the whole story. This bird could only have been killed trying to distract the dogs from the rest of the flock she was the fastest and could fly the best I think she died helping her fat sisters
big_smile.png
. I am not heartbroken because I don't get attached to animals much I am just kinda mad and frustrated at my self and at huck the neighbors dog I told my mom our next dog is going to be a great Pyranese that lives with the chickens.

Just wanted to update you all Thanks,
Henry

I honestly wish I could throttle him for being such an idiot but his owner is best friends with my mom
sad.png
she did offer to pay for another chicken but I was already looking for home for two pullets. I am glad this happend in a strange way because now I am doing coop reinforcments and I think it is going to prevent me from losing the whole flock.

THanks,
Henry

She was just not snuggly I do miss her already it is hard to lose any animal that you are in charge of because I feel that this is mostly my fault
sad.png
but instead of mourning her I am going to barry her and then get to renovating the tractor/run so nothing can get in or out.

Henry

Thanks I burried her and reinforced the chicken run and tractor nothing is getting in or out.

Henry

Back
Top Bottom