First predator Kill on my bird's

Status
Not open for further replies.
35629_over_under_shotgun_turning_md_wht.gif

35629_shells_med_wte.gif

Problem over!
wink.png

Quote:
I am very sorry , But as a Trapper why in the HECK WOULD I WANT TO BAIT THEM ?
that is IMO one of the dumbest things to do . The cat already knows the birds are there why would I bait with Tuna to attract more predators then just a cat ...............
smack.gif

Sorry not trying to be mean but that was one of the most .......... well you know!

Last edited:
I must say, I am not sure if anyone said this before, but PetSafe does offer the invisafence for cats. Not sure how well it would work, but they do. Perhaps you should bring that to the owners attention first. I have kicked my cat enough times she doesn't go after the chickens cause she knows what will be up her rear if she does. And the other stalks them, but then the chicks gather together and she freaks and runs away(she is a very fat, useless cat). But those two keep strays at bay, I think the fat one doesn't like sharing food.

I say do what needs to be done. I wouldn't have the heart to kill the sucker, but hell if it is killing your animals then why shouldn't it die also? If my cat attacked the neighbors animals I wouldn't even expect a warning, although I would like them to at least tell me the deed was done, and preferably return the body for me to bury it. I would tell him about the fence thing, if he isn't willing to cough up the money to contain the cat I would just tell him you would cough up the money for the bullets.

Last edited:
Quote:
that is IMO one of the dumdest things to do . The cat already knows the birds are there why would I bait with Tuna to attract more predators the just a cat ...............
smack.gif

Sorry not trying to be mean but that was one of the most .......... well you know!

Well that is how I catch every raccoon that comes around every June. Then I get no more raccoons for the rest of the year. They come for my birds, I have no biat out or traps out until I see signs that they are trying to get my birds.

Move the birds indoors for one night, leave the trap there. the cat is coming by every day and when he comes looking for your birds it will get find the trap instead. You dont leave the tuna fish out everynight, that would bring in more predators.

Just having your birds outside it the same as having bait out. Predators can smell your birds from miles away.

Best of luck protectings your birds.

hu.gif
...if it is inevitable why put it off...? I wouldn't kill the thing myself, as I said before. But I would certainly have someone kill it for me, I have friends who have a stomach.

EDIT:: Also as I see it, why is one life better then the next? An eye for an eye. You have warned them numerous times. My neighbor use to bring her dog around to relieve itself on my yard. I let my dogs out and she didn't anymore. I had spoken to her, my parents had spoken to her. End of story. She doesn't like my dog coming after her, I don't like her dogs pooping on my lawn.

Last edited:
Quote:
that is IMO one of the dumdest things to do . The cat already knows the birds are there why would I bait with Tuna to attract more predators the just a cat ...............
smack.gif

Well that is how I catch every raccoon that comes around every June. Then I get no more raccoons for the rest of the year. They come for my birds, I have no biat out or traps out until I see signs that they are trying to get my birds.

Move the birds indoors for one night, leave the trap there. the cat is coming by every day and when he comes looking for your birds it will get find the trap instead. You dont leave the tuna fish out everynight, that would bring in more predators.

Just having your birds outside it the same as having bait out. Predators can smell your birds from miles away.

Best of luck protectings your birds.

Look I won't lie I have caught 2 pred's in the full body trap that I made funnels for by all my pens, mostly I have caught possum due to the grain issue. As soon as I can get a USB plugin play pci card for my pc I will upload the pics of the dang Cat responsible

Quote:
You Know what I explained this very same thing to my best friend today . See his neighbors dog bit his kid a month ago . now his neighbor put up a invisible fence . this morning I had to call my buddies dog out of his neighbors yard, he didn't understand then I explained this Cat versus Quail thing I have going , then he was like "Oh ....... yea ...... That makes sense "

People who own animals need to understand the cost is greater then just the upfront due. We have spent near 700 dollars for our invisible fence and collars and such to contain our dogs. But I'm not complaining. My dogs aren't out running the neighborhood, harassing horses and people and dogs, and they aren't out getting hit by cars or shot at. But I have a friend who's neighbor's dogs decimated their chickens, guinea hens, and ducks. That was a couple thousand dollars worth of animals. In the case I probably would have found my stomach and shot the thing.

If your quails are contained and in your yard, not running about in your neighbors yard, then he should keep his cat in his yard not running about in your yard. I live in a very rural part of Maryland, if something is killing livestock you have the right to kill that animal. Whether it be a pet or not. Just tap it's tail, see if the owner lets it out after that. My friend's dad shot off the tail of a stray cat when it was beating up and eating their cat's food. Never saw it again, maybe that was from blood loss, who knows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom