First predator Kill on my bird's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
schellie69,
Thank you very much , however the neighbor has already not followed with his agreement,a nd the very next morning his cat was sitting on my deck again this time watching my pigeons below. the cat was faster then me THIS time. Now my .22 is by my door loaded and ready for the Call to Duty
automatic-weapon.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
schellie69,
Thank you very much , however the neighbor has already not followed with his agreement,a nd the very next morning his cat was sitting on my deck again this time watching my pigeons below. the cat was faster then me THIS time. Now my .22 is by my door loaded and ready for the Call to Duty http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee37/kadoo1975/automatic-weapon.gif

So sorry about that. I do know how you feel I lost my only chick my broody hatched out last year to a stay cat. I have an outside cat that keeps strays and other cats out of my yard.
he.gif
he was stuck inside because he is black and it was Oct. He also keeps the squirrels out of my pen and coop so I don't lose any eggs to them. I hope you can get this cat so your birds are safe.

Can you not perhaps get a humane trap and once you catch it, take it to the pound, say it was a stray and be done with it? Please, it IS someone's pet, right or wrong, and who knows what child may miss the animal if you SSS? Just reconsider trapping and taking it to a neighboring counties animal shelter.

Quote:
Wouldn't that same child miss the cat after its been taken to the pound or a shelter far away? Not saying OP should or shouldn't shoot the cat. I was just wondering what the difference is.

Quote:
Wouldn't that same child miss the cat after its been taken to the pound or a shelter far away? Not saying OP should or shouldn't shoot the cat. I was just wondering what the difference is.

Do I Not Miss My Pet Quail ?

Quote:

your right, the child will miss the animal but at least it won't be dead and can go somewhere else. I hate to see anyone shoot an animal for doing what instinct dictates. I have a hawk who has already taken out one of my older hens and I found it eating her under the coop. Do you think I didn't want to take a shovel to it when I found it and had it trapped in the smaller area?? Course I did! However, I let it out and when it does come around I scare it away, I also keep the crows around who harass it and it isn't here often. While part of me thinks that if it goes after my chickens again, it is a puff of brown and cream feathers when I take it out of the sky, the more rational part of me knows it is only doing what it does because that is its nature.

Hopefully the OP will do the right thing.

Quote:

your right, the child will miss the animal but at least it won't be dead and can go somewhere else. I hate to see anyone shoot an animal for doing what instinct dictates. I have a hawk who has already taken out one of my older hens and I found it eating her under the coop. Do you think I didn't want to take a shovel to it when I found it and had it trapped in the smaller area?? Course I did! However, I let it out and when it does come around I scare it away, I also keep the crows around who harass it and it isn't here often. While part of me thinks that if it goes after my chickens again, it is a puff of brown and cream feathers when I take it out of the sky, the more rational part of me knows it is only doing what it does because that is its nature.

Hopefully the OP will do the right thing.

Look I am Trying to work with the owner of the cat. He is the one who wants to play games , I WILL NOT. These birds feed me, and make me a few pennies on the side not only to pay feed bills but by selling them ,and their eggs

OzawkieBantams, do you have a live trap set? I can't recall if you do. A trap and some tuna fish will catch that cat in no time.

Happy hunting or trapping or both
wink.png

I will admit the pen may not have been fortnox , but for over a year I never had one issue with this cage. It has been retired as a quail pen. yes I am at some fault, but the jack wagon who wont keep his cat in is more so then I !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom