First predator Kill on my bird's

Status
Not open for further replies.
The very first time we had quail, we put them in an empty chicken coop after they were grown... lost a dozen of them from a cat pulling their heads through the wire at night.. put up 1/2 hardware cloth around the bottom two feet of the coop and never lost another one. It was a cat....
wink.png

Quote:
OMG >>>>>>>> YOU SAY IT WAS A CAT ? ...... NO WAY ! ..... SO MANY SAY IT HAS TOO BE A RACCOON !!!........ BOOOOO YA! Thank you

Last edited:
Quote:
What you do in your own back yard is your own business, but to brag that if you kill the neighbors cat you would POST PHOTO'S of it on a forum? I stand by what I said....THAT is what I have a problem with. And read my quote at the bottom of my postings....maybe that will give you an idea or maybe a clue. I HAVE livestock, horses, chickens, an elderly dog, and take precautions to ensure their safety. That is not always possible so I do understand you take steps. Don't brag about what you did, just do what has to be done and get it over with. Is THAT too hard to understand? Why would anyone find such joy, such pleasure in such an act? I know I sure don't.

Last edited:
Quote:
What you do in your own back yard is your own business, but to brag that if you kill the neighbors cat you would POST PHOTO'S of it on a forum? I stand by what I said....THAT is what I have a problem with. And read my quote at the bottom of my postings....maybe that will give you an idea or maybe a clue. I HAVE livestock, horses, chickens, an elderly dog, and take precautions to ensure their safety. That is not always possible so I do understand you take steps. Don't brag about what you did, just do what has to be done and get it over with. Is THAT too hard to understand? Why would anyone find such joy, such pleasure in such an act? I know I sure don't.

I have serious doubt you even spoke to the neighbor, call it a hunch but all of the sudden all is well and hunky dory with neighbor and now you don't need to kill the cat?, I hope that is the case but my gut tells me diff....I think you got some grief about saying you were going to kill the cat and post pics and I think someone even mentioned something about the law or to that affect anyway......I believe you are going to do what you will with situation and just not tell this time....it's your property so I guess we can't tell you diff, to each his own

Quote:

Ok you tree huggers
frow.gif
explain too me PLEASE why is it OK to post pic's of a raccoon , possum, fox, coyote, Hawk , owl, weasel, or what ever, but it is a issue when one says and I STRESS SAYS they would post pic of a cat. There really isn't any difference between showing a pic of a bobcat dead or a cat. Just my 2 cents worth.

Again as I said the issue has been resolved with my neighbor

Yes, I am a tree hugger....
smile.png
There are worse things to be...the animals you mentioned are wild, undomesticated, where as a cat is a domestic animal, doing what instinct says they do, be it right, wrong or otherwise. It is someones PET and someone loves it.

Quote:

Ok you tree huggers
frow.gif
explain too me PLEASE why is it OK to post pic's of a raccoon , possum, fox, coyote, Hawk , owl, weasel, or what ever, but it is a issue when one says and I STRESS SAYS they would post pic of a cat. There really isn't any difference between showing a pic of a bobcat dead or a cat. Just my 2 cents worth.

Again as I said the issue has been resolved with my neighbor

Because the cat you are speaking with a someone's PET, how do you not see that ??? Even if it were a stray cat, nobody wants to see a dead cat, personally I don't like see a dead anything but whatever...it is no diff than if you posted a dead dog...they are domestic animals and belong to someone. Just because someone is a jerk and lets their animals run the neighborhood I still don't think that animal should be destroyed, esp when you know who it belongs to....all those other animals you mention are wild animals

Quote:

I have serious doubt you even spoke to the neighbor, call it a hunch but all of the sudden all is well and hunky dory with neighbor and now you don't need to kill the cat?, I hope that is the case but my gut tells me diff....I think you got some grief about saying you were going to kill the cat and post pics and I think someone even mentioned something about the law or to that affect anyway......I believe you are going to do what you will with situation and just not tell this time....it's your property so I guess we can't tell you diff, to each his own

I NEVER SAID I WOULDN'T ELIMINATE HIS CAT.
Call it what you want I guess you were there. If I shoot the cat I have NO AND I MEAN NO ISSUE TELLING YOU ABOUT IT TRUST ME. If you think I am worried about the law trust me again I have no problems shooting anyone's pet if it is Killing my bird or livestock on MY PROPERTY.

One of the Mod's here obviously has no issue with my post as I was sent this PM.

Quote:

Quote:

I NEVER SAID I WOULDN'T ELIMINATE HIS CAT.
Call it what you want I guess you were there. If I shoot the cat I have NO AND I MEAN NO ISSUE TELLING YOU ABOUT IT TRUST ME. If you think I am worried about the law trust me again I have no problems shooting anyone's pet if it is Killing my bird or livestock on MY PROPERTY.

One of the Mod's here obviously has no issue with my post as I was sent this PM.

Quote:

Everyone has an oppinion.....some are Right and some are WRONG, no biggy.....I am where I am today because of my love for animals and Proud of it.......I read horror stories on here every day of how people kill their chickens and the means they do it, personally I could Never, but that's me and I am certainly not alone in that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom