First quilt block swap 2016

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by katsdar, Dec 19, 2015.

1. katsdar

katsdar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 21, 2012
    Armuchee, Georgia
    ok my fellow swappers, I need someone to remember to remind me to put in the next freebie when I send the blocks back to you, it is paper piecing.

2. Anna6

Anna6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2014
    SoCal
    Anyone else making 25 blocks instead of 24 so you can do a 60 in. x 60 in. quilt? These blocks whip up fast and are fun to do. I have ten more blocks to go. I got some quilting in today as one of my DDs has been cooking. [​IMG] How come food tastes so much better if you're not the one that has to cook it all. I might just regain all the weight I lost this year.[​IMG] Next week is the New Years party. Oh no! More food.[​IMG]

3. keepmumsane

keepmumsane Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2009
    featherston
    Oooo well done anna! Still sorting fabric, and christmas obligations... hoping to achieve cold meat and salad soon and so be off kitchen duties too ;)
    5x5 is a great idea!

4. clucklady

clucklady Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2015
    I have my 24 (or 25, I accidentally made too many) blocks.

What next? Do I mail them to somebody?

1 person likes this.
  5. katsdar

Jul 21, 2012
    Armuchee, Georgia
    Wow you ladies are fast!!! wonderful, you mail them to me, in a SASE or put stamps in or on your return envelope, what ever it costs to mail to me is what you put in postage and don't forget to include your screen name.

6. minniechicks

minniechicks Chillin' With My Peeps

May 31, 2010
    Phenix City, AL
    Sign me up please

7. majack

majack Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2012
    Lincolnshire, England
    Hope you don't mind ladies but I'm not doing this swap. I shall still be here though, subscribed to this thread so I can see how everyone is getting on. I had a lovely Christmas and I hope you all did too.

1 person likes this.
  8. katsdar

Jul 21, 2012
    Armuchee, Georgia
    got you down!!

Good thing we love you, start thinking of blocks to do for the following swap, maybe we could try a new technique, just a thought, I do have an easy block in mind. I get the "Block" magazine from missouri quilt co. the one Jenny Doan is at and she has a really nice looking block that looks really hard but so easy!!!! It's call "Jack and Jill" but it only makes a 5" block, but I'm sure someone could figure out how to make it bigger, I personally have not though that far ahead.

9. chicalot

chicalot Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 18, 2013
    I'm in

10. Anna6

Anna6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2014
    SoCal
    That is cute! I personally like the size they are at. It makes two blocks at once and it is super easy. Well some food for thought. what fabrics did you see this in?

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by