First quilt block swap 2016

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by katsdar, Dec 19, 2015.

1. katsdar

katsdar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 21, 2012
    Armuchee, Georgia
    I have you down!!!

A solid that contrasts with a print, makers choice for color, how does that sound? we could do it juvenile and we could keep it the same size, didn't know if anyone would be interested in little blocks.

2. Anna6

Anna6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2014
    SoCal
    Sounds good. I am not so sure how it would look like much bigger. If you sew 4 blocks together you have a 10 inch block but I would rather have them loose. Lets see what others think. We would have to make a good number, 50 or more possibly, but it is super easy and it makes 2 blocks at a time. In order to get 50 blocks each person would have to do the process 25 times. In my mind I keep on seeing this in 1930 fabric or some small print for the none solid. Well I am still busy with the Chain Four Patch blocks. Just a couple more.

For those who wonder what we are talking about-

Last edited: Dec 28, 2015
  3. keepmumsane

keepmumsane Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2009
    featherston
    Ooooo I like it. I saw a lovely simple design on Pinterest, but I cant seem to find the edit tools to add a picture

4. keepmumsane

Nov 5, 2009
    featherston
    1 person likes this.
  5. keepmumsane

Nov 5, 2009
    featherston
    The one I saw had 3x2 squares and a white rectangle, but same zig zag.
    So...as I cant get edit to work...
    xxx-xx
    xxx-xx
    --- -xx
    If you imagine the dash as white strips and the x as coloured squares .... hopefully it makes sense

6. majack

majack Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2012
    Lincolnshire, England
    Well, I've given it some thought. How about going for a lap quilt of 6 blocks by 6 blocks which I think means sewing 9 dark and light widths of fabric together to get a total of 36 blocks. If we want, each person could just do two fabrics, the light and a patterned of their choice. Then we would get a mixture back. That means we want a total of 3/4yard for each of the 2 fabrics. Must admit, done this a bit quick as am waiting to go out for a girly dinner tonight so am not sure of accuracy, but this does seem doable. Nice lap quilt too.

1 person likes this.
  7. katsdar

katsdar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 21, 2012
    Armuchee, Georgia
    I see our wheels spinning, [​IMG] keep the ideas flowing

1 person likes this.
  8. Anna6

Anna6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2014
    SoCal
    I love brainstorming and dreaming of a new quilt.

9. RustyHen

RustyHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Echo, Oregon
    I never realized how many brown and blue fabrics I have until making this quilt, I'm still just pulling from my stash.
    I wont get to it until after mid Jan. Too many other irons in the fire.

2 people like this.
  10. clucklady

clucklady Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2015
    I have blues galore. I even have enough creams, although I had to scrounge.

My problem was with the "men's" fabrics. I normally call those "ugly" and when I get those, they become quilt backs for charity so I don't have to look at them. Between my mother and myself, we had a hard time finding enough ugly, I mean, men's fabrics for the swap. But, my swap blocks are done now and will get in the mail in the next few days.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by