First quilt block swap 2016

Discussion in 'Hobbies' started by katsdar, Dec 19, 2015.

1. katsdar

katsdar Overrun With Chickens

Jul 21, 2012
    Armuchee, Georgia
    That's funny, I have not even started looking.

2. katsdar

Jul 21, 2012
    Armuchee, Georgia
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. katsdar

Jul 21, 2012
    Armuchee, Georgia
    Well here she is, a big girl!!!!

[​IMG]
    yes I'm rearranging my room again and I had to put her on the far wall due to the type of plug

Last edited: Jan 2, 2016
    1 person likes this.
  4. katsdar

Jul 21, 2012
    Armuchee, Georgia
    This old farm house went through some changes with the past owners, see the plug on the wall up high, this was at one time part of the kitchen, and the wall sockets are counter high, and anyway on the back wall they put in new plugs down low for in a room, and left the high plugs which are still working. so the high plug didn't have a ground so the change of quilter in the room.

5. Anna6

Anna6 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 3, 2014
    SoCal
    OOOOhhhhhhh a BIG congrats! Have fun.

6. RustyHen

RustyHen Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 22, 2011
    Echo, Oregon
    Wow! katsdar how wonderful.. I hope you could just turn it, not have to take it apart to changes sides of the room. I bet you are so ready to get something quilted on that beauty.

7. katsdar

Jul 21, 2012
    Armuchee, Georgia
    I didn't have to take it apart and I can't remember who swapped it was a while ago, but we did a green and white block anyway I did extra and I have the top big enough for our bed and that is as far as I got with it cause I was not going to try to finish it on a sewing machine and I didn't want to send it to be quilted, soooooo now I can finish it!!! Now I have only ever really did lap quilts or a bit bigger lap quilts I'm so ready to do something bigger!!! and we did a rose and sage block and now I can finish that one too, course I have many more that I can do too. yep I'm excited. No I have not gotten my embroidery machine yet, it's coming some day. have this to play with for now

8. majack

majack Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2012
    Lincolnshire, England
    Wow Kat, looks fantastic! Looking forward to all the wonderful work you will be doing. But.... Don't you think it's a bit over the top for a rug mug?

2 people like this.
  9. katsdar

Jul 21, 2012
    Armuchee, Georgia
    You think it's too much? [​IMG][​IMG]

10. coldupnorth

coldupnorth Chillin' With My Peeps

May 11, 2011
    N. MN
    I'm in for this one, but blocks won't be started till mid January here. I have to get the quilt done for my nephew's wedding first.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by