First Real Snow Event in Five Years for Central Missouri

Pics
That could be, if so I apologize...but I'd rather shovel 24/7 than deal with teenagers in my house :lol:
Especially BORED teenagers!
Nah, not really. I enjoy my teens, even more so when they've got buddies over. I've got'em doing laundry, at the moment ... which they are none too happy about. Rearranging the living room is next (post Christmas-tree and train garden removal, last weekend,) then we'll break out the popcorn and board games and mix up a batch of cookies. They're always up for those!

Especially BORED teenagers!
Nah, not really. I enjoy my teens, even more so when they've got buddies over. I've got'em doing laundry, at the moment ... which they are none too happy about. Rearranging the living room is next (post Christmas-tree and train garden removal, last weekend,) then we'll break out the popcorn and board games and mix up a batch of cookies. They're always up for those!
You sound like an excellent 'child manager'...definitely NOT one of my skills.

Little Tykes wagons are great, too. They have wide, lightweight wheels and they can hold a lot more than I realized, weight-wise! The problem with them is that you can't find 'em second hand anywhere. Once people get them for their kids, they never resell them ... 'cause they're so handy ... so you have to pay full retail for the buggers.
I have 2 of these, both bought second hand. (kids do grow up) They last and last, can hold heavy loads. They can be pulled with a lawnmower as well. They are weatherproof and very tough. You can easily remove the sides to make it a flatbed I use them for everything, firewood, rocks, gardening, groceries, chickens, you name it. They have outlasted various plastic type garden carts.
2 wagons (3 of 1).jpg

It got down to 9º here yesterday morning. But we didn't get snow with this one. I am sorry to hear about the mess elsewhere. ) :

You sound like an excellent 'child manager'...definitely NOT one of my skills.
The trick is keeping 'em busy. They'll either get a lot done and stick around for some fun ... or get the bare minimum done and disappear on you. Either way, they're occupied!
I got lucky today, i guess. DD is actually changing sheets (be still, my beating heart!) while DS is loading the dishwasher (didn't realize he even knew HOW!) Guess it's time to start baking!
And just for the record, I really did simply get lucky in the "child department." I'm not bragging, honestly. I'm no super-parent. My crew can be just as rough as the next one, at times, but those times are far outnumbered by the good ones. I hear so many parents and teachers (I work for the public school system) complain about "Kids Today" that I wonder what went right for us. I am truly, truly blessed.
:love

I lived in FL for a about 6 months long ago...couldn't wait to get back up here!

A young adult family member moved to FL about a year ago for a job (panhandle, near the beach). Pretty much has indicated that they will be looking to move to the upper half of the US bc they like the cold and snow and really dislike the humidity!

A young adult family member moved to FL about a year ago for a job (panhandle, near the beach). Pretty much has indicated that they will be looking to move to the upper half of the US bc they like the cold and snow and really dislike the humidity!
Heat and humidity are bad....but the lack of definite seasons and the bugs!!!

Lol :lau

A couple of years ago we were considering a move. FL was vetoed heavily by spouse...to convince me, those were the EXACT two words used!!
The 'kicker' for me was waking in the middle of the night with a palmetto bug crawling across my foot, I kicked to flick it off and heard it hit the wall...turned on light and it was on mosquito netting over babies crib. Yeah, that did it.

We lived in east central FL for 20 yrs. Hated the cockroaches and the fire ants. And the hurricanes! There isn't enough highway space to evacuate everyone...it was a real dilemma each hurricane whether to stay or go, people spending the storm in traffic jams in their cars or the storm changing course. But as for heat, I think it gets hotter here in MO, many days over 100 every summer. It's definitely not paradise here, tornadoes, ticks, chiggers.....there are always tradeoffs...

Back
Top Bottom