First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

The kids are all ok. They were on the trampoline when it happened. That's the only reason guns were used. The 3 dogs shot are a neighbors. The law has been on him about their wondering. Rottweilers at that. The one that lived is in quarantine for 10 days cause they haven't ever had a rabies vaccine.

Oh wow good the kids are ok... Rottweilers are actually my favorite pure breed they are so pretty and nice(obviously not in this case) I would blame the owner/s when it comes to animals like this(dogs/carnivores) it's really a hard subject we all know the dangers they may present but still we take the risk because or the possible reward.. Here's two possibly three dogs that will or have lost their lives because of a humans neglect... It's sad really(not your fault) but still sad. I own dogs too so I'm being a hipocrite but idk. Now I wander if someone would react the same way if say a goat roamed lose and attacked a chicken or a sheep I'm just thinking out loud but we take the risk they pay the price.. I'm not trying to put you down in anyway It just saddens me when measures like this have to be taken on animals.. As far as I know animals don't plan to do people or their livestock harm they are just doing what's natural I personally think carnivors may not be good ideas for pets but guard goat seems less threatening or less effective. And to single out one type of animal would be discrimination yep I'm blaming the owner/s of this tragedy it could all of been prevented if they simply took the time to make sure they were properly confined or trained did the dogs rip through your fencing or jump it? May need a stronger run? See stories like this is why I fear letting my girls and guys free range.. I'd/ my preggo would be heart broken if this were to happen to us

Pack of dogs has ended my chicken adventure for now. Only my Chihuahua and the cats survived. Dog is at the animal hospital after surgery tonight. 2 cats in hospital then released. Only 1 of the 3 murderers survived the GSWs.
SO sorry to hear this!
hugs.gif

I have no pity for those who refuse to control their animals OR KIDS. In the 20yrs Ive been here Ive put down hundreds of dogs and cats. And presssed many a tresspass warrent. When someone moves into the neighborhood now a do gooder makes a point to go tell them how I handle things. I call the law, then start shooting.

Pack of dogs has ended my chicken adventure for now. Only my Chihuahua and the cats survived. Dog is at the animal hospital after surgery tonight. 2 cats in hospital then released. Only 1 of the 3 murderers survived the GSWs.

Bummer. too bad the third survived.

Wow ,more on this page, sorry about the encounter.

A person that lets their dogs wander, especially after having been warned about it does not deserve dogs. It is not the dogs fault, but the law looks dimly upon shooting their owners.

Last edited:
I have no pity for those who refuse to control their animals OR KIDS. In the 20yrs Ive been here Ive put down hundreds of dogs and cats. And presssed many a tresspass warrent. When someone moves into the neighborhood now a do gooder makes a point to go tell them how I handle things. I call the law, then start shooting.

That is so backwards, I shoot then call the law if need be.

Hey it's not the dogs fault it has a neglect I've owner... Personally I like the idea of changing the law to where you can shot the owner too... Where I'm from if they step foot on your property you can... Atleast I think you can.... I don't feel bad for the owner I feel bad for the animal who could of had a better life... I understand you gotta protect your flock/ family so I understand and there's been a time or two were I had to chase off a cat or two and if I ever catch the cat attacking my birds or a dog or fix attacking my birds I'd probably do the same but I'd probably pray after asking forgiveness and to save the animals soul.. Or something like that.. I have no pity for humans I feel no empathy for them but all animals even ones who tried to kill me.. I have a soft spot..
Besides I look around and see how much humans have altered the natural beauty of the world and wonder if it's really worth it.. I won't go out and preach how wrong everything is because it's only my opinion(and I'd hate to give up civilization) but as I asked my previous room mate once can we refrain from killing animals that don't need be killed... I'm pretty sure that third dog will never come near your house again if it does it's completely stupid and feel free but if they arnt an emidiate threat can we do it humanly? Like why weren't the dogs taken if he's already been warned werent they supposed to be if it's more then once? Not saying you were wrong nugget but I see a failure in the law and ownership were all of this could have been prevented chickens would be alive and so would the nasty carnivors but they carnis would be else where... Am I making since or am I just rambling

Back
Top Bottom