First Run of Cornish Cross Meat Birds and Super Excited!

So glad you decided to keep her. Pixie was my lap chicken. I think I did that to her though. When she was young she would jump up on things in the yard and I'd get her down I'd just sit on the porch and hold her awhile.

Nope not me.... Looks like it though!!

Gosh - I could have sworn it was. You have a doppelgänger!
big_smile.png

- Ant Farm

So I'm now a happy owner of six light brahmas and six Dominique's they didn't have Cxs any info on these new guys will help a bit I didn't do any research yet

Question for you all. I am cutting up my chickens today. They were butchered on Thursday at noon. 1/2 of them have been in a cooler since then. The other half were in the fridge. The half that were in the cooler smell a little stronger than the half that were in the fridge. Is that normal/ ok? The reason they were in the cooler is because they were not bagged and the ones in the fridge were.

Another question. The one I am cutting up now is from the cooler. When I cut through the breast I found the tenderloin looking yellowish and red and stringy (picture below). Has anyone seen this before? Do I need to throw out the whole chicken?

Question for you all. I am cutting up my chickens today. They were butchered on Thursday at noon. 1/2 of them have been in a cooler since then. The other half were in the fridge. The half that were in the cooler smell a little stronger than the half that were in the fridge. Is that normal/ ok? The reason they were in the cooler is because they were not bagged and the ones in the fridge were.

Another question. The one I am cutting up now is from the cooler. When I cut through the breast I found the tenderloin looking yellowish and red and stringy (picture below). Has anyone seen this before? Do I need to throw out the whole chicken?

Back
Top Bottom