First sighting of this wild male cat.

Bwatson81

Hatching
Nov 20, 2017
I have 32 chickens with 2 roosters. I have always seen animals such as racoons, opossums and foxes. I have even had trouble with racoons and foxes at one point. This is the first wild, male cat I have ever seen around my chicken coop. I found this wildcat hiding behind my coop while rounding up my free-range chickens. This cat is not any normal, domestic housecat; for those, I forgot to include that this is in the country. Should I kill the cat and how?

A feral domestic cat, or a wild cat like a bobcat, mountain lion, or lynx? It makes a difference as there is serious legislation about hunting and/or trapping the latter and it would be best to involve Division of Wildlife. Be sure of what type of cat it is before taking action, and this will help guide you how best to deal with it.

A feral domestic cat, or a wild cat like a bobcat, mountain lion, or lynx? It makes a difference as there is serious legislation about hunting and/or trapping the latter and it would be best to involve Division of Wildlife. Be sure of what type of cat it is before taking action, and this will help guide you how best to deal with it.
I am talking about a wild barn cat.

Back
Top Bottom