First time angel wing fixer

Gerty0630

Songster
Jan 15, 2019
SE, Michigan
I have a 6 week old duckling with angel wing. Both wings. I tried the T-shirt sleeve method and it slid right off of her. Tried to tie it, still slid off. So I used self adhering bandage and wrapped it around her body and wings but now I put her back in the brooder and she can hardly stand or walk. Did I wrap it too tight? Is there such a thing? Is this just something they have to get used to not being able to use their wings really while wrapped? She never had issues walking before I wrapped her wings.

I have a 6 week old duckling with angel wing. Both wings. I tried the T-shirt sleeve method and it slid right off of her. Tried to tie it, still slid off. So I used self adhering bandage and wrapped it around her body and wings but now I put her back in the brooder and she can hardly stand or walk. Did I wrap it too tight? Is there such a thing? Is this just something they have to get used to not being able to use their wings really while wrapped? She never had issues walking before I wrapped her wings.
Lower the protein of the feed being fed to 16% too..

Back
Top Bottom