First Time Chick Parents, Spring 2016

Well Round 2 have arrived... half at least (more to come next week).

We have Blanche, a Light Brahma.

Mrs. McGullicuddy, a Golden Sex Link.

And this little Easter Egger, I couldn't resist her eyeliner. We haven't named her yet.
tongue.png

They are super cute and did great their first night home. The little Light Brahma, Blanche is just the spunkiest of the group. Super sweet and curious.

I need to post updated pics of our first batch, they have been out in the coop for a week and LOVING it. They come running to me whenever I am near and jump all over me when I go into their run.

I wish we had grass for the chickens to look good against
1f62d.png
Our house is new construction and our lot is still dirt minus the front yard. We will be buying some seed though and attempting to use our duck water to get it going in a small area right next to the run and off our back porch.
Don't you just love how they look against the grass? I sure do!

To be totally honest, we have a 100 watt white ceramic heating lamp (http://www.amazon.com/Floureon-Cera...=8-5&keywords=white+ceramic+heating+lamp+100W) and it just doesnt seem that warm! I put it lower until the floor seemed to warm up. should I just leave it on for a while to see if it gets to a better temp?
I really am not familiar with that bulb. Maybe someone else can answer. I would just get a thermometer and check out what temps are right under the lamp.
Marie

My Silkie chicks hatched on April 24th.. I have never raised baby chicks before but so far so good. I love them. I also have 4, one year old Golden Laced Wyandottes and one Black Sexlink.

I realize this is like going to a crack house and asking them to stop me from buying crack but, I have 7 chicks ordered for May 18 and I have 4 in my cart at Meyers for May16th and the only thing stopping me is the fact that I'll be paying double shipping lol.

These are my first chicks is 11 going to be that much more work than 7? Please talk me down
1f62b.png

First timers here too! our babies are five weeks old now, but here they are when they first came home with us. My kids (and me too) are very excited. We have 5 Ameraucanas and 3 Black Australorps.

Back
Top Bottom