First Time Duck owner.... Female won't brood...help!!

Here are some pictures of my Pekin and Rouen ducks. The one picture is of my ducks and the two orphaned Mallards, before my males became aggressive towards them.

Attachments

• Snapchat-1150630109.jpg
    Snapchat-1150630109.jpg
    505.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Snapchat-720926222.jpg
    Snapchat-720926222.jpg
    499.8 KB · Views: 2
I LOVE https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B00XDKVBJS/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1 this egg holder. I keep it on my counter and don't wash the eggs until I go to use them. They'll last for weeks and weeks like that as long as they aren't dirty. Dirty eggs go on a little egg plate (like the kind hard boiled eggs are served on) and get used first.

We do the same thing. They last "nearly forever" on the counter dirty. (or semi-dirty)..

We use those red plastic camping egg cartons, left open to the air. They are cheap and stack.

I have 4 ducks, 1 female to 3 males. She just started laying on Wednesday and is not brooding. When I looked at the egg with a light it looked to be fertilized, but it may be too early to tell, idk. I don't know what I should do, I should eat them, get an incubator and try that or if I should just leave them to see if she gets the natural instinct to brood them. She also layed her first egg on the creek bank that is in the back yard, I them in the pen till this morning and found 2 more eggs but just out in the open. How can I get her to lay in a nesting box, or even just in the coop itself? Please help!! Suggestions are needed, please. Thank you!!
Your ratio for your ducks is very unhealthy.. I'd suggest getting rid of most of the drakes or get more hens... Each drake should have 3-4 hens of their own... not one hen to share with three other drakes

Back
Top Bottom