First Time Egg Candler Scared!

One out and onen zipped.
So adorable!

Coleson, I didn't get to tell you that your babies are super cute!! I love the little grey one with the top hat of feathers. Silkies are great!! Just keep playing with them everyday. Mine are super attached to me now and they love playing all over me!
I like to play with them, but I dont do it all day everyday because I will have to get rid of them :(, and I dont want to miss them or them miss me too much. And Amy the darkest colored one is the grey one.

I have the two out, healthy and doing great. Nothing yet on the other three. I will give them one more day, but I'm not liking my less than 50% hatch rate on lockdown.

Anyone have any thoughts?

I have the two out, healthy and doing great. Nothing yet on the other three. I will give them one more day, but I'm not liking my less than 50% hatch rate on lockdown. 

Anyone have any thoughts? 

So those 2 are a day old already. What day are you on now? Have you candled them? Maybe you had hot/cold spots in the Bator?

I like to play with them, but I dont do it all day everyday because I will have to get rid of them :(, and I dont want to miss them or them miss me too much. And Amy the darkest colored one is the grey one.
Awww, that stinks! I didn't know you had to give them away. That's what we were originally going to do. I just wanted to experience hatching with my kids. But then I decided to keep them and keep hatching!! Are you planning on hatching anymore?

It was amazing the jubilation that they felt seeing the embryos in the eggs and feeling like we had a bunch of "winners".... then seeing the chicks in person they were in awe... It was super cute!

Any idea why these two didn't make it after lockdown? I know one of them had some yolk unabsorbed. Does the head placement look right or not ready?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom