First time Egg!!!

mrswright091716

In the Brooder
Apr 20, 2020
Hello Friends,

So my chicken Pigeon Toady (silkie hen) laid her first egg this morning!!! I am so proud of her. This is her bery first egg. Posted a pic below of her egg. Also she’s only about 6months old, so I was surprised.

How does it look?
Should I rinse it off ?
Is it ok to eat?

We had a rooster but he’s living with his new family. It’s been about 4 weeks since he’s been around and not sure if he mated with her. Want to make sure it’s not fertilized.

Thank you for your advice! I am a proud momma.

Attachments

• 177995CF-9426-49D1-9DC4-6E143DF67DFB.jpeg
    177995CF-9426-49D1-9DC4-6E143DF67DFB.jpeg
    559.7 KB · Views: 5
  • 0D3EF517-383F-4D9D-9BE0-7894DB52E13F.jpeg
    0D3EF517-383F-4D9D-9BE0-7894DB52E13F.jpeg
    687.2 KB · Views: 4
Hello Friends,

So my chicken Pigeon Toady (silkie hen) laid her first egg this morning!!! I am so proud of her. This is her bery first egg. Posted a pic below of her egg. Also she’s only about 6months old, so I was surprised.

How does it look?
Should I rinse it off ?
Is it ok to eat?

We had a rooster but he’s living with his new family. It’s been about 4 weeks since he’s been around and not sure if he mated with her. Want to make sure it’s not fertilized.

It looks like a beaut! Congrats! I would rinse it off if I was going to eat it for breakfast! Lol! Although it looks like she is a tidy layer Mrs. Pigeon Toady! She is a cutey patutey!

Hello Friends,

How does it look?
Should I rinse it off ?
Is it ok to eat?

Ccongrats !!!!! i am new to having chickens. I have 5 red sex links and they are about 17 weeks old. I can't wait to get my first egg!! :):):)

Back
Top Bottom