First time ever eating rabbit....

I've never heard of a woman slaughtering a goat. How would you do it? the same way as with a chicken?

Quote:
I read the same thing about rabbit being digestable in the Storey's book of raising rabbits. I also have had the domestic rabbit that was smoked and it was awesome! My DH went rabbit hunting and the wild rabbit was VERY tough and not that great.

I got a doe and buck and just put my doe in his pen for breeding. I can't wait for the babies but I had read the doe usually won't do well with her 1st litter as far as taking care of them. But I can't wait to try out the meat!

Quote:
I've never butchered a goat but even a small deer, 75-100 pounds can be hard to handle. Maybe you are talking about a much smaller goat though...

Much easier if you have some way to hang them up by the hamstrings.

Where I grew up in Western KY, rabbit hunting with Beagles was like a traditon.
Two rules I was taught...only hunt when there is an R in the month. And if a rabbit doesn't flush/jump and run, leave it be. Something is wrong with it.
Oh, and if you saw any "wolves" (larvae bumps) under the skin after you shot it, leave it lay.
I haven't hunted rabbits in years, but those are the things I remember.
I tried raising domestic rabbits, but don't care for white meat so I prefered the meat from the cottontails.
Wished there was a chicken breed that had small breasts and large thigh quarters. LOL

Quote:
Not sure if you are joking or not, but there are.
SU1HMDAzMTItMjAxMTA4MjgtMDkzMi5qcGc.jpg

I've never slaughtered a goat, but I've butchered sheep and pigs.

There is no problem hanging them up. Fasten the legs, throw the rope over a tree limb and then tie the rope to the bumper of the car and hoist them up. There's absolutely no reason a woman can't do it.

Cattle, I don't do because the meat needs to hang and age and I don't have any place temperature controlled for that large an animal.

Back
Top Bottom