first time haching chicks i need help

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by Chicken wild 98, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Chicken wild 98

Chicken wild 98 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 14, 2011
    I have one haching now and i was wanting to know do u keep the haching egg in or out of the bator

Last edited: Apr 23, 2011
  2. fatbassetvineyards

fatbassetvineyards Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 15, 2011
    Redding CA
    Don't open it! They can stay in there a day. If you need to open it, another thread suggested warming up a bathroom and opening it in there.

3. Chickiebabyfluff

Chickiebabyfluff Yappette in Training

Apr 13, 2011
    NorthEastern Ohio
    Keep it in and after it hatches leave it in there for 24hrs then move it to a brooder Good Luck!! Check out the learning pages on this site they will help you out alot!!!

4. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    You keep the egg in the incubator until the chick has hatched and dried off, which can be up to 24 hours. Don't open the incubator during the hatch as you will lose moisture and the membrane could dry out and trap the chick in the egg. Good luck!

5. jcfuente51

jcfuente51 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2011
    keep him inside do not opeen the bator you may srinkwrap your other babys hatched chicks could stay in the bator up to 72 hour after they hatch they dont need to eat or drink due they had just absorbed the yolk.

hehhehehe im learning from reading all these wonderful people here!!! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by