First time hatchers hatch A-long!

Pics
The last pipper died while I went out for an hour and I candled the last and it had a huge air cell on the side. It was a maran egg so I had, had trouble candling it to start. I started with 6 maran eggs and only 1 hatched. I started with 7 Easter egger,7 olive egger abd the 6 maran . So I’m pretty sad about that. :(
I thiiiink ( without counting floofs) I have 4 of the easters. 5 olives and one maran.
I'm so sorry :hugs

OMG SO FLUFFY SO MANY BABIES I AM DYING OF CUTENESS :love:wee:celebrate:clap:jumpy
Me too! What blew my mind is how they respond to me, I bought hatchery chicks before that were a day old and they were skittish etc but these even in the incubator would run to the glass to try to get to me and now in the brooder when I lift the lid they all scramble trying to get to me and let me pet them etc, I've never experienced that before so it's melting my heart 💜

The last pipper died while I went out for an hour and I candled the last and it had a huge air cell on the side. It was a maran egg so I had, had trouble candling it to start. I started with 6 maran eggs and only 1 hatched. I started with 7 Easter egger,7 olive egger abd the 6 maran . So I’m pretty sad about that. :(
I thiiiink ( without counting floofs) I have 4 of the easters. 5 olives and one
I’m so sorry

This morning there are so many hatched that I can't even tell how many or what's left lol I know they say not to open while on lockdown but I'm going to have to so I can remove the sea of fluffy chicks and then asses what is left to hatch. I'm setting up my brooder in the barn today and will move them in there so I'll share more pics! ❤️
So exciting! :wee

My air cells looked small until day 18 and I did my final candling so hopefully yours are fine too!
I've read other threads were chicks hatched fine with small air cells. Do you have a food scale? If you do, I can post an article that tracks water weight loss in incubation. Its how you know if you humidity is right. If you have a food scale, you could use the information to see if the eggs have lost enough water weight. That may help you figure out if drowning is even a possibility.

I've read other threads were chicks hatched fine with small air cells. Do you have a food scale? If you do, I can post an article that tracks water weight loss in incubation. Its how you know if you humidity is right. If you have a food scale, you could use the information to see if the eggs have lost enough water weight. That may help you figure out if drowning is even a possibility.
Oh yes, I have several since I make soap and weigh everything so please post it ❤️

Back
Top Bottom