first time hatching guinea eggs

brytniallyssa

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 29, 2013
so we got a few guineas this past spring and i have a hen that goes broody al of the time this last time I decided to put some of mama guineas eggs under her. I have read about others on here have had their eggs hatch in 23-25 days but up to 28.... mine are on day 30 and still nothing! should I keep waiting or do you think they are all duds? my Hen I have laying on them has hatched out a few chicks last year and she would kick the bad eggs out so I thought these eggs were still good... any ideas thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated...still very new to this whole hobby farm thing lol

If the broody got off the eggs on and off some in the beginning the hatch may be delayed, but I agree with bargain, candle a few (in the dark) and check for development and movement.

Thanks guys.. I tried candling and saw nothing lol... so i decided to crack one open and it was just a yellow goopy mess.... I had given a few to a friend and she has them in an incubator and seem to be starting to develop... I guess i just didnt have fertile eggs... sorry for the silly question... I just didn't want to take them from her if they were still going to do "something".... she still has a couple other eggs under her i cant get she keeps fighting me for them.. I guess we will see what happens with them! thanks again

I wouldn't give up yet......my broody hen has been sitting on guinea eggs for over a month now. She finally hatched her first one out yesterday. My broody pekin duck also hatched out two keets this week, but it took her less time than the hen. Go figure.....

Back
Top Bottom