Hatching Guinea Eggs

McFunnyFarm

Chirping
Jul 20, 2022
Kansas
So, this is my first time hatching guineas. They started hatching about 20 hours ago, so we are getting really close to the 24 hour mark, however I have some eggs just starting to pip. How long can I keep these kits in there so I don't mess up the new ones just trying to hatch.

Also... I have one that pipped yesterday and last night was mostly zipped, today it's still in the egg and moving a little bit it seems like the film inside the egg is getting smaller and almost tighter around the keet. I have humidity at 75, I've read it needs to be at 80, but can't seem to get it any higher than 75. Should I leave it, or try and help with with a warm damp cloth around it.

So far, I have 12 successful hatches though!

Thanks for any information!

Attachments

• PXL_20230523_022312825.jpg
    PXL_20230523_022312825.jpg
    339 KB · Views: 36
So, this is my first time hatching guineas. They started hatching about 20 hours ago, so we are getting really close to the 24 hour mark, however I have some eggs just starting to pip. How long can I keep these kits in there so I don't mess up the new ones just trying to hatch.

Also... I have one that pipped yesterday and last night was mostly zipped, today it's still in the egg and moving a little bit it seems like the film inside the egg is getting smaller and almost tighter around the keet. I have humidity at 75, I've read it needs to be at 80, but can't seem to get it any higher than 75. Should I leave it, or try and help with with a warm damp cloth around it.

So far, I have 12 successful hatches though!

Thanks for any information!
75% is high enough. Just pop the top off of the one that is nearly zipped. You can moisten the dried membrane with warm water or coconut oil.

Let the keet kick itself out of the shell.

I remove the keets when they are dry. You can mist the air in the incubatot with warm water to keep the humidity up. Do not spray it on the eggs.

75% is high enough. Just pop the top off of the one that is nearly zipped. You can moisten the dried membrane with warm water or coconut oil.

Let the keet kick itself out of the shell.

I remove the keets when they are dry. You can mist the air in the incubatot with warm water to keep the humidity up. Do not spray it on the eggs.
Any suggestions on how to do that without losing the heat and humidity? I'm terrified to open it and messing something up with other ones.

Back
Top Bottom