First time incubating... I can see veins!

Kathrynmodra

In the Brooder
6 Years
Jul 10, 2013
Ok so this is my first time incubating. A few months ago I purchased an incubator, but I was too nervous to try it in case I did something wrong so I just brought chicks. I purchased more chicks 5 days ago and the lady gave me 4 araucana eggs. I decided to put them in the incubator. I can't believe it but I candled them today (day 4) and I can see veins in one of them! I am soooo excited. The others are a slightly darker shade so hard to see. I make out a two toned dark ring. It hard to explain. I think I can see a couple of tiny viens in one of the dark rings. But the other 2 nothing. All I can say is they all look very different to a shop brought egg.

I hope this works out, I'd love to see a chick hatch!

When should i candle again so i can be sure they are all developing?

Congrats! Incubating is sooooooo exciting! You should see veins clearly on day 7 , but please wait until day 10 to discard undeveloped ones. Just to be extra sure!

Here is my day 4 pic of the veins. Im so excited because I can see it in ALL the eggs. Now the incubator is tightly shut. No more peeking until day 10. Its going to be a long 6 days
big_smile.png

Fantastic! 3 little chicks hatched yesterday and overnight. They hatched so well and it was a text book hatch. They are healthy and strong little chicks and totally adorable. My kids watched 2 of them enter the world and were amazed, it was such a wonderful experience for all of us. One egg quit at around 5 days development, and i disposed of it prior to lockdown. So 3 out of 4 for our first attempt!

Thanks for following up, I am so happy to tell out news to anyone who will listen :)

Back
Top Bottom