First time incubation

Klomax22

In the Brooder
Jul 1, 2018
Coatesville, PA
First time incubating;

So I put 9 fertile eggs in the incubator last sunday. So today would be day 10.. I candlelit them and I see 7 are actively progressing but 1 is a double yolk and I see nothing inside and the other I also dont see anything inside. Does that mean they arent viable and need to be taken out of the incubator. At this point I should be able to see something inside correct? I just didnt want to take them out incase they were just taking a little longer but they were put in the same day and were from the same flock. They are brahma eggs cochin eggs and orphington eggs. Any help would be appreciated. TIA

First time incubating;

So I put 9 fertile eggs in the incubator last sunday. So today would be day 10.. I candlelit them and I see 7 are actively progressing but 1 is a double yolk and I see nothing inside and the other I also dont see anything inside. Does that mean they arent viable and need to be taken out of the incubator. At this point I should be able to see something inside correct? I just didnt want to take them out incase they were just taking a little longer but they were put in the same day and were from the same flock. They are brahma eggs cochin eggs and orphington eggs. Any help would be appreciated. TIA
By day ten, you should certainly be seeing something. When I see nothing going on inside the egg, I toss it. If they all started the same day, they should be developing at relatively the same rate.

Okay thanks that's I thought. Yeah I dont see veins or anything the other have veins and a black things that moves around (fetus) but those dont. I'm gonna go ahead and take them out.

Back
Top Bottom