First time incubator

myphred63

In the Brooder
Aug 11, 2023
Eggs started yesterday morning.one came out a few hours ,1is 1/2 way cracked open.was a few more that started.the one that came out moved the lid on incubator we replaced it.and it was moving around inside with the other eggs.now since the eggs were moved by the first one looks like progress stopped.
How can I help my incubator has no adjustment to humidity.pics of incubator I have.
The one that hatched is a naked neck chick.
How can we help? Remove the one that’s out or leave along if so how long? Please advice ty Barb

Attachments

• IMG_9718.png
    IMG_9718.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 70
  • IMG_0026.jpeg
    IMG_0026.jpeg
    263.7 KB · Views: 7
Eggs started yesterday morning.one came out a few hours ,1is 1/2 way cracked open.was a few more that started.the one that came out moved the lid on incubator we replaced it.and it was moving around inside with the other eggs.now since the eggs were moved by the first one looks like progress stopped.
How can I help my incubator has no adjustment to humidity.pics of incubator I have.
The one that hatched is a naked neck chick.
How can we help? Remove the one that’s out or leave along if so how long? Please advice ty Barb
If you are planning on hatching again, I would get a new incubator. That was my first incubator too, and it caused the death of two of my hatchers via shrink wrapping. It’s really not good, I would recommend getting a $50 (Australian dollar) one off Amazon with automatic turning and proper humidity features.

If you are looking to increase the humidity, I would recommend putting a small wet sponge in there as quick as possible to let out as less humidity as possible.

If it is really causing problems and keeps moving the lid of the incubator, I recommend moving the chick to a brooder as soon as it is completely dry. Otherwise, leave it in. The movement of the eggs by the hatched chick and its chirping will encourage the chicks to hatch.
It is recommended to leave hatched chicks in the incubator for 24 hours, and I would recommend doing that.

Hope this helps and your eggs all hatch ok ♥️
Keep us updated please 😁

If you are planning on hatching again, I would get a new incubator. That was my first incubator too, and it caused the death of two of my hatchers via shrink wrapping. It’s really not good, I would recommend getting a $50 (Australian dollar) one off Amazon with automatic turning and proper humidity features.

If you are looking to increase the humidity, I would recommend putting a small wet sponge in there as quick as possible to let out as less humidity as possible.

If it is really causing problems and keeps moving the lid of the incubator, I recommend moving the chick to a brooder as soon as it is completely dry. Otherwise, leave it in. The movement of the eggs by the hatched chick and its chirping will encourage the chicks to hatch.
It is recommended to leave hatched chicks in the incubator for 24 hours, and I would recommend doing that.

Keep us updated please 😁
Yes it was my first one as well and after the first hatch it does not work I believe I was the one who recommended your 50 dollar one but there’s a $50 usd one on Amazon that is amazing three hatches in and going strong.

Keep us updated please 😁
I definitely will get a better one.when I bought this one I didn’t know anything.when i get home I will get a sponge.at hospital now for birth of my granddaughter.
Ty

Yes it was my first one as well and after the first hatch it does not work I believe I was the one who recommended your 50 dollar one but there’s a $50 usd one on Amazon that is amazing three hatches in and going strong.
Yes, you were.. thanks for that! I got a similar one and it's been working really well.

Yes, you were.. thanks for that! I got a similar one and it's been working really well.
Still nothing has changed.same egg still looks the same with the hatching I see movement.how can I help it? The other 7 chick nothing one or so saw started.
I have no sponge can I use cotton ball for moisture to help humidity?

Still nothing has changed.same egg still looks the same with the hatching I see movement.how can I help it? The other 7 chick nothing one or so saw started.
I have no sponge can I use cotton ball for moisture to help humidity?
That should work, as long as the hatched chick doesn't eat it.
Have the still hatching eggs got a pip or a small hole in them, or have they actually started unzipping then stopped?

This morning I heard the one who is 1/2 way hatched.the other one that had a small hole may not have made it along with the 6 other eggs.
The first one was moving all around and turned some of the eggs.so I am guessing they are not live anymore.
We quickly took the live one out recliner the top.put it in the brooder.doing good so far.
Will find another incubator
Ty

This morning I heard the one who is 1/2 way hatched.the other one that had a small hole may not have made it along with the 6 other eggs.
The first one was moving all around and turned some of the eggs.so I am guessing they are not live anymore.
We quickly took the live one out recliner the top.put it in the brooder.doing good so far.
Will find another incubator
Ty
The other eggs may seem dead, but don't give up yet. Add more humidity and let them stay in there. Some chickens have taken 30 days to hatch, so they might just be late.

Don't interfere unless it has been at least 24 hours with no progress since the egg pipped.

I don't think being moved around by another chick would be a problem, that happens all the time in nature.

How's the chick that already hatched?
Hope your chicks all hatch ♥️

Back
Top Bottom