First Time Ordering!

serenity farms

In the Brooder
Apr 12, 2018
So this is my first time ordering chicks. They will be shipping out the first week of June. It says that the shipping will take 5-8 days and I feel like that is just too long... I am ordering from Murray McMurray and I am in Florida. Are there any Floridians that have ordered from them before? How did the shipping take a effect on your chicks? I need all the advice I can get. Should I pay the extra 20-30 dollars to get 1-2 day shipping. Any advice anyone has for ordering chicks I need all the help I can get.

I agree that 5-8 days is not acceptable. They can't survive that long. I think you'd have to pay the extra. Are there no hatcheries anywhere near you? Or at least closer? Are you not interested in feed store chicks?

NEVER heard of a hatchery saying it would take that long.
In 5 to 8 days all chicks will surely be dead and any hatchery would know that. Id be double checking. That can't be right. Most take 2 or 3 days to ship anywhere in the states.

I agree that 5-8 days is not acceptable. They can't survive that long. I think you'd have to pay the extra. Are there no hatcheries anywhere near you? Or at least closer? Are you not interested in feed store chicks?
All of my chickens that I have are from local feed stores and now I am wanting to get specific breeds for laying abilities and color. I have looked to try and find closer hatcheries but haven't found any. I am more than willing to pay the extra money so they get here safely.

NEVER heard of a hatchery saying it would take that long.
In 5 to 8 days all chicks will surely be dead and any hatchery would know that. Id be double checking. That can't be right. Most take 2 or 3 days to ship anywhere in the states.
I just checked and it said standard shipping 5-8 days. I am going to call the hatchery to see why that would even be an option if the chicks can't survive.

That does sounds odd. I ordered from Hoover's Hatchery and the chicks went from Minnesota to California in two days. They shipped on Feb 27th and I had them on March 1. I didn't have to pay any extra for shipping either. I would definitely double check with the hatchery.

Back
Top Bottom