First time outside

Steven Bussell

Songster
May 5, 2019
Bay Area Calif
Yesterday I got the run and ramp done. So we let our almost 5 week old chick's and ducklings decide if they wanted to get a taste of the great outdoors..
Let's just say when they came down the ramp for the first time it wasn't very graceful.
They where afraid to go to far from the coop to begin with. Our oldest granddaughter sat in the run and feed them a cucumber so they did finely explore the full run and her toes.
She planning treat menu for the last two weeks she's here.
After sunset they really wanted to go back into the coop but couldn't figure out what the ramp was for.. thankfully my grandchildren helped caught them and placed them half way up the ramp. Some she had to encourage with a little push on thier little behind.
Her goal is have the ducklings take their first swim by the end of next week.Im havig her research on her own on how to introduce them to the pound. Just as she doing with the treats. My grandchildren will not be helpless non thinking for thierself zombies.
She did promise videos if I'm at work.
Having grandchildren I think is the next best thing other than knowing they believe in Christ and one day we all will be in heaven after loving each other as God blesses us every day we get.

Back
Top Bottom