First try with incubator set 6/16/11 LOCKDOWN!!! Update 1st post

Quote:
Don't think I'll get tired of them any time soon
big_smile.png
but I can send you a picture.
lol.png

Quote:
I have not a clue. I'm just winging it myself. I am personally just using one because I don't have the energy to worry about multiple readings.
hmm.png

I'm going off of two readings. One is digital, one is not. They are very close though. My old-fashioned thermometer is reading a hair over or a hair under 99.5, so I've settled on it sitting on top of the 99.5 line and the digital has been reading 99.8 all day long. I figure it's close enough and I will see what happens in a few days. I've put a few adds on the local craigslists looking for more eggs, as I'm not sure the 5 I have are a good starting point, or will be a good judge of what I can expect out of this incubator. Husband said I could get my own if I enjoyed doing this, he thought it would be great for the girls as well.

ill join in as well. i just set 40 texas a+m eggs and 20 wild type Japanese quail. as well as a neighbors hen broke her brood some how and she was laying on two peacock eggs for 5 days. still being warm i put them on the eggs turner yesterday. (havent candled or anything yet) not 21 days for quail but we started the 16th too!

I set my eggs on 06/07/11 first 3. Then now we are up to 10!!! Hatch day is growing near! Button quail eggs. Laid by my buttons. Using a homemade bator. A in/out thermometer and a digital which also reads humidity and a water heater thermostat. First had them in a styrofoam cooler incubator, which rocketed to 120 F overnight one night. Thought I cooked them but I saw one wiggle today!!!:wootNatural hatch day is 6/20 but bator date is 23rd.

How anxious is everybody so far!! haha. We have thunderstorms in the forecast for the next couple of days so hopefully I won't lose power! Just wondering who has already candled and who will do so at what day. I am thinking between 7-10 days! can't wait.

Back
Top Bottom