First week in June?

Chickee - I'm sorry to hear about your babies. It's sad to lose those cute little babies.

Tonight at bedtime closing up the chickens for the night, the black silkie/buff silkie egg was hatched. Tiny little black silkie with fully feathered little feet. It's going to be fun watching the big fat fluffy buff orpington raise that little one. I'll have to put in a ladder so it can get up on the roost. My silkies that are in the front yard dog house turned banty tractor don't fly well.

The weak EE/brown leghorn cross was dry and moving around ok when I pulled her off from under mom to take a look at her.

The final egg under her had two pip holes with chirping.

The barred rock broody still has the EE/brown leghorn chick under her with two other eggs pipped and one that hasn't yet.

We'll see what I have in the morning.

Well, I woke up this morning to 3 chicks and still alot of pips n zips and rock n roll. Went outside to feed chickens and kittens and had another one hatch.

Grabbed a couple photos for ya'll to see:

54629_chicks_hatching_007.jpg

54629_chicks_hatching_013.jpg

54629_chicks_hatching_011.jpg

The first few I took without the flash, then used the flash on one last night to try to get a better shot.

CONGRATULATIONS EVERYONE
woot.gif
On your new babies
jumpy.gif
jumpy.gif
Looks like my hatch on these shipped eggs is turning out better than expected!
clap.gif
Even though the first baby didn't make it, I have 4 hatched, 1 half way zipped, and the last egg just pipped an hour ago! If the two last chicks make it out that will be 7 of 8
bun.gif
Here is a picture of two of them, an obvious pullet at back and rooster in front!
54909_p1010927.jpg

They're coming Melissa!! I've got 5 hatched now and one still in the shell but making a hole instead of zipping. I originally set 36 eggs, tossed 5 clear, then 1 that stopped at about day 5 I think. Hopefully I'll at least get 50% - keeping my fingers crossed for everyone hatching right now!!

Quote:
Thanks! It is so hard to wait! You are hatching out so fast! I hope you get 90-95%! Dry incubation is suppose to help your numbers
smile.png
. What is your humidity now? Mine is holding strong at around 65% with no chicks hatched.

Back
Top Bottom