First week in June?

Quote:
SENDING GOOD THOUGHTS YOUR WAY!
fl.gif
And to everyone else who is anxiously awaiting their babies!
jumpy.gif
8 out of 15 shipped eggs made it to lockdown Sunday and they are due to hatch tomorrow. I just peeped at my eggs and could hear one faint peep back, so at least one is still going strong!
ya.gif
This waiting is terrible!
he.gif

I have two out of eight eggs pipped tonight sitting under my two girls out in the coop. Heard lots of chirping out of those two. I expect to see them hatched in the morning. My little banty egg that got pecked and cracked 1 wk ago hasn't pipped yet but I saw movement last night still. I'm hoping for the best even though the air sack grew large after the peck/crack.

Best of luck to everyone and their little peeps.

I have 2 pips this morning!
celebrate.gif
And one is a big egg that had a huge broken air cell from being shipped!! It has a chick that keeps peeping softly and sounds content! COME OUT LITTLE CHICKIE! I'm so impatient!!
he.gif

AWE CONGRATS! Today is day 20 for us. Last night 6 or 7 eggs were moving quite a bit!

I have been trying to do the dry incubation method and getting so confused on what the humidity should be the last 3 days. Everyone has conflicting advice. I think I am going to stick to between 65-70. It has been 70 since lockdown. UGH! I am so impatient!

my humidity has been hanging about 72-76% since lockdown - I'm on day 20 now also

i used the dry method also and didnt add a drop of water during incubation and my hygrometer kept about 40-42% the entire time.

The two eggs that were pipped last night were still pipped this morning with one of the EE's little beak sticking out chirping away but didn't make much progress over night. I was expecting to find two chicks this morning. I thought the hard blue/green shell may be too hard to zip through, so I pulled away some shell leaving the inner membrane intact. I saw fresh red blood on the inside of the membrane around the little beak sticking out.

I tucked the egg back under mom and had to go get ready for work for early morning meeting. I'm so hoping to find a live chick when I get home from work. Two more eggs had pipped with lots of chirping when I chirped at them, so maybe more chicks. 4 pm won't be here soon enough.

What does it mean when you see blood on inside of membrane but chick is chirping?

My only other experience is last fall with four hatched within 8 - 10 hrs of pipping with no signs of blood on the insides of the open shells.

Good luck everyone. I look forward to seeing pics of all the new babies.

How's everyone doing?

Each of my girls has an EE/light brown leghorn cross chick that hatched sometime today. One of them was a little damp, very small, and a little weak. Neither chick has dark EE colored legs. I was hoping for more EE's for blue/green eggs.

That same hen with the weak chick is the hen that had the other EE/leghorn cross that pipped but stopped with it's beak out this morning. I had taken off some of the shell but left the membrane intact to see if that would help. The inside of membrane by beak had visible blood. It had made it out of the shell a little more during the day but was dead when I got home. I opened the shell to take a look to see if anything was wrong with it. The yolk was gone, there really wasn't that much blood on the inside of the shell, the chicks tummy looked large and it was bare - no feathers - just naked skin and the little umbilicus (spell ?) was stuck to the membrane.

Three more eggs have pipped. Another EE/brown leghorn cross, a black silkie/buff silkie egg, and a black cochin/buff silkie cross.

I'm having a really tough hatch this time! first chick in large egg zipped half way while I was in town, and was too big (Large egg/large yoke?) and couldn't continue to turn and got stuck and died
hit.gif
second chick pipped but doesn't seem to be able to zip, and I will probably have to help him out but I'm waiting on the third chick which is busy zipping right now. The other five eggs haven't pipped yet and my humidity is running high, so I may have a window of time to help the poor stuck chick!! Hatching shipped eggs sucks!
rant.gif
I'll be glad when I have my flock established so I am only hatching my own eggs!

Back
Top Bottom